New Galaxy Watch 6 Connection

Hello all, I’ve just buy a new Galaxy watch 6 and I selected watch 5 in app because 6 doesn’t available for the moment. Some features doesn’t work, specialy weather. Nothing appears. Is it tied to this fact ? That’s 6 isn’t already ok in app ? Thanks in advance for yours answer. Regards, Seb, from France.

1 Like

Welcome @schoppner.seb . It will all sort out in due course . There is a lot to do . First make sure the Phone has all the permissions switched on to make the best connection to your watch . I and Many have The Open Weather App from the Google Store on their Phones . I have the GPS on on my Watch . The weather is important to me . Show us which Face you are talking about and we can check it is OK .

1 Like

Hello Russell
Sm summer 0 for example.permissions are ok because all was ok with my previous samsung watch.

1 Like

OK . You are not new to Samsung watches . Now the Favourite Fix is rebooting the Watch and your Phone . May be even Twice . Not reset . I press the upper and lower Physical Buttons till it says reboot . Your phone has to be connected to the Internet all the time for the Weather to be updated . But you know this . I have to go through it .

1 Like

I rebooted both twice and same issue, and now, even the steps counter is to 0 :joy:

1 Like

OK .So are you using a Customisable Face on your watch . If so you can do a Tripple Tap on the Face then tap the seeings Icon . Now tap the Imperial Metric selection . Now tap it again to go back to the previous . Now the Home Button ( upper ) on the Side . That refreshes all the Weather and health Data on your watch . If the Face you are using is not customisable scroll to the right til you get to the Facer settings screen then do the same .

Sorry but same issue. I changed metric imperial, time format. Same things.

1 Like

I tried the same thing from the phone, and same issue

1 Like

Really stupid question . Your Bluetooth is on on both yeah . Your Galaxy Wearable App shows your Watch is connected Right ??

Yes :blush:

1 Like

If you switch of the WiFi on your watch is it still connected.

Get your Phone to forget the previous Bluetooth connection and make another .

Here is another one . Uninstall your Facer App and get a new one from the Google store . Not Facer .

I don’t know why, but weather is now ok… But steps counter not, while it’s ok on samsung health

1 Like

OK Cool we are getting somewhere . I think there was some chatter here . I am not sure if the Steps is a Bug that is being fixed . Let us see if it fixes crossing Zero at midnight .
Stay with us . I am Shutting my Laptop now . I will see if I can find the chatter about the Missing Steps. At the moment giving it a bit of time is often the fix.

The same situation was last year when watch5 came out.

Again, I’m just guessing but I think it will take a month or two until all apps catch up with updates.

2 Likes

That says it all… facer is not ready at the moment for the new watch.

2 Likes

OK, I thought it was that, we have to wait, it’s normal… :blush:
Thanks for all yours answer. Bye

2 Likes

schoppner.seb The newest update just rolled out with the support for watch6.

Don’t forget to update Facer app on the watch as well!

2 Likes

Hello all, updates done on both devices. Same issue. I thinks that maybe dials must ne updated too. Watch6 is now available and I selected it on the choice menu. Thx

1 Like

You did remember to select watch 6 in facer app on the phone? Didn’t leave it to watch 5?

1 Like

Yes, Watch6 is selected. :blush:

1 Like