New Smart Watch Analog (Not pretending to be a real watch)

MAG 1721 is not pretending to be a real watch. It’s just the new age of smart watch style analog with battery, date and steps.

7 Likes

OLED meets Mechanical . Bigger centre pin . Exclamation Mark Look ? Or none at all .

3 Likes

Well yes and no. It ends up being the fact that in active mode the center looked dumb with just a circle and nothing inside it. I have not totally decided if I will keep the center as is or just delete the dot and circle. They really don’t “need” to be there.

3 Likes

I find I have to sync that sort of thing and look at it on the watch for a bit. My problem is my watch is tiny so that leads some of my work. I love those hands and is Realy Cool they Float , Because they Can.

2 Likes

Nice font, good look overall. I’d keep the numeral colour on the DIM screen though but that’s just me.

If you used $#ZSC#<1000?#ZSC#:(floor(#ZSC#/100)/10)k$ for the steps you could fit the heart rate in there too.

Still good as is.Just a few ideas.

4 Likes

What I’ve noticed with other watch faces and the comments I get on them. Step count is very high on the desired readouts so is battery and weather functions. Heart rate on the other hand is very low for some reason. If I do a face with no steps or heart rate, I will get 9 out of 10 requests for steps and 1 out of 10 for heart rate. At least with my followers they are more interested in how far they go and not so much in the effort it took. I will save your expression because it looks interesting, and I might be able to use it in a face that doesn’t have much room. Thanks for posting it.

I will take a look at the numbers in the same color, but since this face is so basic it might go pretty good that way since I already have the inside of the hands keeping their color also.

3 Likes

It is a handy one for smaller step spaces. I just thought that heart and steps kind of went hand in hand. Like weather and wind.

It is very interesting in the creator journey to see the things you expect and the things that actually do gain traction and attention, and in the end syncs. Colour combos you did for a laugh taking the storm over the norm etc.

There is nothing wrong with just dropping the seconds and greying the white text but leaving the rest of the face alone during DIM on something as good as this though.The watch wil take care of the rest of the power saving.

2 Likes

I’ve changed the color in dim to the active color for the numbers. I also got rid of the center point and circle, so it now just has hands floating in space. And speaking of color combos, I’ve always been (probably from OCD) one who wanted all the color in the digital time to be the same. But I had a request on one faces to make the hours white and the minutes yellow. I personally thought it was a dumb request, but I do try to give the people what they want. That combo ended up getting 500% more syncs than the single time colored face it came from, and I made no other changes except that one.

Even when I was starting out on Facer, I realized pretty fast that I wasn’t or would ever be God’s gift to the watch face design community. The only reason I’ve made it this far is from listening to friends, other designers and the end users. Plus, without the end users we wouldn’t be here or even needed. :grin:

3 Likes

You are a design leader to me. But… Bring back the center point as white/grey border and translucenet center like the hands. They need an anchor, but still floating.
It really is looking pretty awesome though.

2 Likes

Oh, now that’s an interesting idea. I’ll go give it a try and see how it ends up looking.

3 Likes

I love how this is looking right now, so great overall Team Work there guys :laughing: I actually like the Analogue Numbers and Hands best, and yes, in my opinion, the central “anchor” circle looks just right, nice work @mrantisocialguy :+1:

3 Likes

Yup, That center point nails it.

3 Likes

@rob.fisk @icrltd4 @russellcresser
Well that nails it, I will publish it tomorrow around 12:00 UTC.

3 Likes

Look forward to seeing it official.

2 Likes