Newbie here. My first design

Hi,

I am newbie on Facer. : )
This is my first design,

4 Likes

:+1: :+1: Thumbs up from me. Nice job

4 Likes

For a first design not bad.
When the background is your own design, you have a great feature here.
I would make the text bigger, but my eyes are already older…

3 Likes

That looks quite nice actually, very pleasing on the eye, great work done there :+1: I’m puzzled as to why it’s a Premium design though :thinking:

3 Likes

I just find out, any design will became Premium if the design include Customizable complication or Interaction or Programmables function.
I just curious, should I design more Free or Premium design? which design will help became Partner in future?

1 Like

My second and third design. : )

1 Like

Nice designs, sometimes the font is too smal for my old eyes.

2 Likes

Hi, I think both can help you. Free ones are more downloaded in general, so those can help you to get numbers, and premiums can help your watchface to be “featured”.
But who am I to advice on this, when those who recently became partners don’t share about their success story (if about anything).

4 Likes

I suppose you read the conditions about becoming a partner?
In the end Facer will choose you… after having met the conditions.

2 Likes

Very pretty watch face. I admire your asking for the opinion of others.
I can give constructive advice. It is general so do not take it personally. I have given the same advice to others.

1. Be original. It is easy to become addicted to clip art and AI images. When those are used, unless the artist incorporates the elements into an original design. They are just pictures created by someone else. (AI is a topic for another day.)
  2. It is best not to refer to your own work as “lovely” “cute” “adorable” “precious” etc… Everyone has different tastes. Just because the artist thinks his work is wonderful does not mean that the rest of the world does. Praising one’s own work makes the designer look inexperienced and insults the customer’s tastes. I’ve often looked at my early work and asked myself, “What was I thinking?” Let your followers give their opinions instead.
  3. Something I learned from a well-known graphics designer is to use shading sparingly. According to him, too much shading in design is another indication that someone is an “inexperienced beginner”. It can be used to give great 3-D effects, but use it sparingly, unless your goal is drama overload.
  4. When you are working on a large computer screen the fonts always look great. Before publishing take a look at the draft on your watch to see if all the text is large enough and clear enough for the public to read. One of the most frequent complaints is that watch face text is too small.

Regarding partners, a couple have posted their stories in this community over the years, but they have become blended into other topics, so they may not be easy to find.
A few of the partners have been interviewed in articles and videos as well, but I don’t have the links to those right now. It is a shame that we don’t have all that in one handy list in the community.

3 Likes

Those dated stories are actually together on a neat page with some tutorials too, but while technically still valid (and to any newcomer I recommend to read it all), the situation in the store is different than it was years ago.

4 Likes

:grinning: Nice find. I did not know that page existed.

1 Like

@moneyluckythecat That’s an interesting username. I did not see much on your profile page. Tell us something about yourself. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you. I like biger font too.

Thank for ur reply. It help alot! : )
I will design 50-50 50% free, 50% premium : )

Thank you very much for ur sharing info!! : )

money, lucky, my cats name: )
I am very new here.
I am start design huawei watchface at 2021.