No rotation for days of the week

Hi

I just want to rotate the arrow from mon till sun.

I use these:

$#DOW#=1?-30:0$
$#DOW#=2?-20:0$
$#DOW#=3?-10:0$
$#DOW#=4?0:0$
$#DOW#=5?10:0$
$#DOW#=6?20:0$
$#DOW#=0?30:0$

• I put it in Facer like this but it doens’t work :neutral_face:

$#DOW#=1?-30:0$ $#DOW#=2?-20:0$ $#DOW#=3?-10:0$ $#DOW#=4?0:0$ $#DOW#=5?10:0$ $#DOW#=6?20:0$ $#DOW#=0?30:0$

• The arrow image is 0° = Thursday by default. Can I leave that code out? ($#DOW#=4?0:0)

• It’s allowed to use ( ) instead of $ $?

Bye
Nico

1 Like

In many cases, including this one, spaces will kill a formula. Looking at the face right now, this is what you have with spaces:
$#DOW#=0?30:0$ $#DOW#=1?-30:0$ $#DOW#=2?-20:0$ $#DOW#=3?-10:0$ $#DOW#=4?0:0$ $#DOW#=5?10:0$ $#DOW#=6?20:0$ - - so if you use $#DOW#=0?30:0$$#DOW#=1?-30:0$$#DOW#=2?-20:0$$#DOW#=3?-10:0$$#DOW#=4?0:0$$#DOW#=5?10:0$$#DOW#=6?20:0$ instead without spaces, it will work.

Another option: if you rearrange the days on that scale to start with Sunday, so that you have Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat instead, you can make the formula tremendously simpler: ((#DOW#*10)-30)

2 Likes

That’s easy indeed.
Although I have no clue why not: 0 = monday, 1 = Tuesday…
I don’t work on Sunday :smile:

About the ( ) or $ $ = the same = open en close like math?

1 Like

In general according documentation, $ is used to start and end of the conditional expression. If the brackets in their place work too, its probably not intentionally so.
Also check and try to use == instead just =. Some watches may have trouble with just single sign.

2 Likes

We have #DOWB# or ((#DOW#)+1) . I like to see $…$ for the conditional . Otherwise I think I am working on a Samsung .

1 Like

Because Sunday is the first day of the week, and it will let you use a short & easy formula!

I didn’t explain the formula, but did you figure it out?

1 Like

Yes I understand the formula :+1:

With my remark about why not 0 for Monday, I meant: i dont’t understand why the makers of Facer don’t start the week with a Monday.
My calendar week and working week starts Monday, not Sunday :smirk:

1 Like

In many countries they go by old testament week days and relate the Saturday to the seventh day - Sabbath and do not follow the international standard. Facer resides in one of them.
If you want to start the week at monday, then you can slightly modify the rotation formula like this:
(330+10*((#DOW#+6)%7))

3 Likes

Ha Nice @petruuccios. This is now worth Bookmarking.