No tick marks, no hands & no digital time....but

A non analog and non digital watchface!

4 Likes

Very cool way of doing it but not for me sorry, I want to see the Time at a glance not work it out lol

1 Like

Very imaginative! Like you say, it’s not analog or digital or even text telling the time.

1 Like

I have seen Noting Faces that are Nothing . This has a significant body of work Buried in it . I can only Imagine how it works as it is not inspectable . I have problems with my short term Memory and I use those LCD sketch tablets when I am doing maths . I just took Delivery of yet another one as they are made cheap . But this one is a bit more robust . I was trying to get one where what is drawn is one colour . But I had to settle for the slight rainbow effect in the writing . I wonder if that would suit this face . You could have some fade bars as filters on top . I know it is suppose to have a chalk board look .

711dXI-FfOL._AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2

2 Likes

I shared the face on my mobile and there is no possibility to make it inspectable. It was only an execise really and not complicated at all. It was a fun idea in my head - i had made digital watchface using numbers, then words and finally with neither! The nuts and bolts of it is two long conditionals one for the hours and one for minutes eg $#Dm# ==2?2+2=:$$ etc
Just a bit of fun really

1 Like

Long conditional for minutes . I call it a good job . For an aspiring maker it is a Fine example of what can be done .
May I show you one of mine . Many will not know how to read it .
I am very pleased to say that it has had 2 Syncs in 2 years . It was made to entertain myself .

1 Like

I couldn’t resist this - something to do with electronics I believe!

1 Like

I did leave a reference in the File :grinning: :rofl:

1 Like

You did indeed but I still had to check the colours!

1 Like

That stands Pretty close to your Semaphore and Romans I think . Have fun My Friend .

Had a thought . Using a 9 hole Run Back Dial from the old phone you showed . Showing the time Digitaly might not make sense . It would be intresting to make .

I had a similar thought about rotating the dial holes to dial the time . Using 12hr thats 3 rotations - my GW5PRO is only on for 4 seconds - i decided that the 'animation ’ would look wrong.

1 Like

Yeah . We / you could have the Time and a few other things in the Central lablw and have the Dialing of the number for fun . I use the Button Wake as well in that case I have 1 minute to see how the gadgets work . These things get no Syncs any way . These are exersises to help Learn Th Coding for the Formulas . The clear Rotor will be fun to make .
Leaves an Inspectable at least that someone might Learn from .

I’ll have a go … it will have to wait a little- I’m having a go at Dali time at the moment!

1 Like

Ha Ha . I had a go a that . I did not get where I wanted to with the hands . Many do not bother . I know more about telescopic hands now . DM me if you don’t want to go public yet . I will make some rotary bits for you to play with . Nothing is going to happen fast .