Nov 29 update bricked my Galaxy 4

Ugh… The latest update is still messed up. It bricked my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 two days ago. It was just a few days out of warranty but they were still nice enough to take it back at least. EDIT; it was the Samsung update that bricked my watch.

2 Likes

Which update are you talking about. My last Facer update was 19th Nov 22. Admitedly it is a bit sticky but always getting better. Are you talking about a Samsung update ?

1 Like

It was the Samsung’s update people had problems with.

I’ve updated it and luckily had no problems.

1 Like

@solrac1970 @russellcresser @masterboyhr

Yes, that was the last two Samsung GW4 watch updates and it only effected early production watches that were made in and around August 2021. They had a firmware issue that the update triggered. I have to give Samsung credit for stepping up and making it right with their customers even out of warranty watches are being covered.

4 Likes

No issues with my GW4 Classic. My last update was a security update. About two weeks ago. I have been dealing with the Samsung Health tools. I am a bit of a health and fittness person so I track it via my phone. Issues with Body Mass Index readings. They had me access and download all this hidden data and email to them. Still no fix so they requested more info. I told them to replace my watch. I shouldn’t have to deal with their engineering issues.

1 Like

Yup, that would have been me since I bought the watch as soon as it came out.

2 Likes

There is the difference. I waited to buy mine until 20 November 2021. I also waited to buy my GW 5 Pro. I learned when I was a General Motors dealership service technician. (Auto mechanic) That the first run of anything especially something as complicated as an automobile or watch, takes a little time to sort out all the bugs. In an automobile it’s usually the first full year of production. Something small like a watch can be sorted out faster due to fewer parts and no mandatory safety regulations to meet and get certified for use.

4 Likes

I totally agree with staying away from first run or releases. I am also a 30 year Auto Technician. 11 with GM and going on 20 years now with Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram. Jeep is more than famous for “pushing vehicles out for sale” before ready. I make my living on recalls and stop sale till repaired.

3 Likes

I agree…I used to own a first year Ford Tempo. That car was tough as nails but what a buggy mess.

I thought I had waited because I waited until the Galaxy 4 but I guess there’s too much of a difference between generations. To be fair, it worked perfectly until the update.

Also… The worse car I ever owned was a brand new 1997 K2500 Chevy. I still own it because it’s so cheap to fix, but the brakes failed twice under warranty. After all those years GM still didn’t know how to build a body on frame, V8, rear wheel drive truck. My main ride now is a Toyota 4Runner.

2 Likes

A once all Chevy fan I’ve since become a Tacoma fan. I’ve owned a new 2012 and Traded up to a new 2018 TRD PRO. Both trucks are the best I’ve ever owned. The trade in value can’t be beat.

2 Likes

My best friend is trying to get a Corolla GR Circuit edition. I hope she gets it. They’re only available with a 6 speed manual! As soon as I thought Toyota was becoming boring…

1 Like