Perhaps i should call it, FaceLift

Hi everybody.

Another project, another style. Here i tried to create more depth in a face. I did already some faces about that, but this is i feel, another approach. I tried to lift some objects and adding as such, depth to it. Most facelifts focus on even the face, erasing the grooves. But i like them, i keep them. :grinning:

Hope you like it. Comments/tips are as always, welcome.

Ciao
Patrick

5 Likes

Very nice.
I used this simple but effective method to simulate subdials being recessed into main background on some of my faces.

(back then in beginning I thought about shifting geometrical shapes as cheap cheating, because I had not enough experience with graphic programs, but on tiny watch display it worked and still works well)

4 Likes

@ very true!

Do you have a link to one of these faces. I’m curious and always eager to adapt, learn. Thanks.

I worked a little further on it, gave it a interesting background, made some simplifications (now and then needed :grinning:). Photo is from AI, but then i made some holes in it.

3 Likes

Check here I used that for making the main digits look “engraved”

Here the subdials

here for first time

5 Likes

@ pbervoets :grin:“Facelift”: I like that! Do you mind if I borrow that term for when we find copyright violations?

3 Likes

@Linlay Ha ha. That’s okay. Ciao Patrick

2 Likes