Phone Battery Issue

The phone battery, despite the latest update for WEAROS, still does not update.
In Tizen (Galaxy Watch 3) the situation is even worse. The Facer @Facer_Official gentlemen have decided not to care about the thousands and thousands of users who, like me, have a Galaxy Watch prior to 4. Yet we pay too !!! I am really dissatisfied with this behavior.
The App for Tizen has not been updated for months and months (it stops at version 5) !!!
However, in Tizen the phone battery updates if I open Facer on the phone and close it again without doing anything.
Nevertheless, this is completely useless, because if I have the phone in my hand I do not need to check the battery charge on the watch.

2 Likes

Hey @diavo . I suspect now that Samsung is developing their Relationship with WearOS Tizen takes the Back stage . I will be very surprised if Tizen ever gets any more updates . I stopped putting Phone Battery power on Faces . Fortunately in the day my Phone does not need a Recharge however my little watch often does . Especially when I am doing lots of test Syncs . The main drive of Samsung and Facer is to sort out support for the Latest Models . Good to hear from You :::)))

2 Likes

I have the s3, and have been bothered by that issue. I don’t always have my phone on my hands, and I liked being able to check the phone battery right from the watch. Anyway, I’ve ordered the S4 classic, looking forward to ask the new features, too.

2 Likes

The phone battery status still does not work on WearOS 2 either. It hasn’t since the Facer phone app update to 6.0.

1 Like

I just got the Facer Companion app update 6.02_106494.watch on my GW4 Classic and the phone battery is now updating correctly. HOPEFULLY, this same update will also fix the Tizen watches as well. That is if they get that watch app update…

1 Like

My Facer on my phone is still 6.02_106493 . The previous one . I am going to leave it alone . I am on Tizen for my Galaxy active . Glad to Hear things are Improving . I will test the Phone Battery Data but if it does not work I will Blame Huawei they made the Phone .

1 Like

UPDATE to my previous comment. I have now checked my Galaxy Watch 1st gen and my Fossil Carlyle test watch. The Galaxy is on Facer Companion app version 5.1.37.3 and the Fossil is on Companion app version 6.0.2_106494.watch. Both are updating the phone battery level correctly now like they used to do. Good Job @Facer_Official, but it could have been a little quicker…but at least it’s done now.

@russellcresser I checked and the phone paired with the Fossil and the phone paired to both my GW 4s and my GW 1 are both on the same Facer phone app version as you have. That has not changed yet. The only app that has updated was my GW 4 Classic companion app and that is probably because I don’t force an update on it.

1 Like

Hi @mrantisocialguy
Thanks for your interest. I confirm that there is no App Companion update for GW1 and GW3.
These watches have definitely been forgotten. It’s a shame, because I assume they have thousands of users.
I’ll see what happens with the prox GW5. If that too is a lame duck, I may try a Gen 6 Fossil. The thing that doesn’t convince me about the latter is that it has a small diameter, for me, 44 mm.

1 Like

I’m still having the phone-battery-update problem with Facer on my Watch 4 (Wear OS 3.2, FVD4).

1 Like

It’s working for me but it’s back to its old habit of not updating as often as the watch battery reading. So don’t expect it to stay exactly the same as your phone reads. I’ve always considered if it was within 5% that was good enough.

1 Like

Yup, within 5% is fine with me. And today it has started working again for me, so I’m happy.

2 Likes