Phone battery reading when disconnected from Bluetooth

When using #PBN# and Bluetooth is not connected the phone battery value still shows the old value which was retrieved when the watch was connected to the phone.

Is there a way to check with code if a Bluetooth connection is alive and if not show a value of ‘??’ for the phone battery?

2 Likes

Great Question. My Watch has a Discconect Icon and Facer has a WiFi Signal Reading but I know there is no Tag for Blutooth Dissconect. All the things, notably the weather stuff, show the last reading downloaded . You would not want them ?? when they had not had a sucessful connection for a while.

Thanks so much @russellcresser. Having ‘??’ for the phone battery tag would be helpful if the phone is out of reach or if the watch is used stand-alone. This way the user would not be presented with a value that might or might not be true/reliable.

Hopefully this will be a feature in a future facer creator release :wink:

2 Likes

It would also informative if the phone would send an automated message if the phone’s Bluetooth connection with the watch falls out. Better would be a tag module where would create in an open world, our tags. I don’t see a lot of upgrades on F or I’m I wrong.

1 Like

I tried to automate a not-connected-Bluetooth automated message on my iPhone. But no cigar, cannot choose my Suunto watch although it’s listed as connected. Has anyone more luck?

1 Like

You dont always have to select the excat model. Unless the Manufacturer has changed the OS to a Home grown one. A lot of tye Chinese watches are changing because they dont want to pay Googles Tax .

1 Like