Pixel Watch 1 random reboots

Hello,

On my Pixel Watch 1, I get random half reboots (by that I mean it looks like the systemui process crashes like it would on my phone if something crashes it), this happens on most watch faces, being as I don’t own a Pixel Watch dev cradle, I don’t believe I can get systemUI crash logs.

My question is: is this a known issue?

I don’t have a Pixel first gen watch so I can’t answer directly. You are the first person I’ve seen to post about it, so it can’t be very common. I would find out how to clear the cache on your watch and see if that helps. If that doesn’t, I would do a total restore of the watch like you were selling it to someone. Then reinstall Facer and see if that fixes the issue. It sounds like either a WearOS update or a Facer update has a glitch and is triggering your problem.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Pixel Watch 1, using Facer, reboots multiple times a day. If use a non-Facer watchface it’s fine.

1 Like

Hi @steve1 . Welcome . Pixel Watch has problems with face r but it seems to me it might be looking for you to Reinstall the Companion app to update it .

I’ll try but this has persisted across watch hard resets.

1 Like

What do you mean by Hard Reset . I hope you are not going as far as a Factory Reset . On on my GW4 I do a Two button Reboot quite regularly .
What I am asking is do you have this Companion App Number on your Watch ? The Last two Updates to the watch did not Happen automatically for Me . So of course I Reinstalled them Manually .

I think that’s what he meant. It’s persisted multiple factory resets on my end too. Haven’t checked recently. I’ll give it a check today.

Reason for multiple factory resets is custom ROM flashing is a thing I do.

1 Like

Eeeek . If you are into that sort of thing I bet you will find the answer . That is wat beyond what I want to get into .