Pixel Watch - No Step Count from Fitbit When >1,000

I’ve been trying since launch day with the Pixel Watch running Facer to use multiple watch faces but none of them accurately display the step count from Fitbit.

All permissions are set for the Facer app on the phone and the watch.

The step count remains in sync on the watch face(s) with Fitbit until the Fitbit count is greater than 1,000 at which time the Facer watch face will show 0 or remain stuck at 999 (or the last reading before the step count was >1,000).

2 Likes

I would suggest you contact Facer Support by emailing them at: facer-support@little-labs.com They will want you to include the watch brand and model number, the operating system version plus the Facer app version you have. Also include a detailed explanation of the issue you are having so they can investigate what might be going on.

1 Like

also seeing the same thing on my pixel watch, always shows 0

That’s a bummer! I followed the good advice and sent the support email along and we’ll see what happens.

My pixel also shows 0 steps, no matter what the actual count is. I have all the permissions allowed for the app. I does show heart rate correctly.

Steps showing as “0” also on my pixel watch

@osama.nasir.90 @boowilbury @mobilla

All of you needs to do what I suggested to @hargrjk to do, email Facer Support. The more people who contact @Facer_Official the faster they will work to get this issue fixed. We went through it with the Galaxy Watch 4 when it first came on Facer since it was the first WearOS3 watch.

Thanks. Will do that now.

My steps working fine on pixel just the bpm shows 0, even Fitbit stops tracking bpm when I apply watch face from facer

You need to contact @Facer_Official and let them know that information. They will probably have to contact Google and maybe Fitbit about it. It’s beginning to sound like an issue with the Fitbit integration on the Pixel watch causing the issues. You can contact Facer Support by emailing them at: facer-support@little-labs.com They will want you to include the watch brand and model number, the operating system version plus the Facer app version you have. Also include a detailed explanation of the issue you are having so they can investigate what might be going on.

I have raised the issue now. Also the battery drain is huge on my pixel watch. anyone else facing this issue?

I’m not having the footstep issue. The battery drain is real though. With Facer and AOD I can get 6.5 hours out of the watch. It drops 1% every 3-4 minutes. Using a stock face I’m getting 30+ hours. I’m even using a pretty basic digital face that also shows battery percentage and steps…no animations. For now I’m sticking to a stock face but I hope the battery drain issue can get resolved.

Make sure you contact @Facer_Official by emailing them at: facer-support@little-labs.com about this issue you are having. They will want to know everything that isn’t working properly with a brand-new high-profile watch like the Pixel.

I’m getting less than 4 hours battery whereas with Pixel watch classic watch face I was getting almost 24 hours (AOD apart from at night). And the faces I bought are not that great resolution for pixel watch either.

yes, I am also not getting enough battery. Have emailed the issue. please make sure you do the same.

Step count now working for me.
Basically did a reset of my watch and installed facer and all of the apps again.

I will update on the battery life.

Step count stopped working after a while so had to reset watch again 3 times for it to work. Battery life is still horrible. I have already emailed the Facer team. getting 4 to 6 hrs with AOD on.

I have a Pixel Watch 2. I designed a face for it, all works well except the step count does not go greater than 9999. Anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know if it’s being worked on?

1 Like

[KNOWN ISSUE] Step counter issues on Pixel Watch, Galaxy Watch 4, and Galaxy Watch 5

1 Like