Popularity Analog VS Digital

This is a screen capture of my last 12 watch faces. Of course, I understand that time and a whole lot of other variables will enter into this, but I contend that digital faces are more popular than analog faces. This is excluding the hyper realistic watch faces of some of our notable Facer Partners. All I can say is for me, a digital face will be lots more popular than an analog face will on average.

What kind of syncs do you see with your users?

Is analog or digital your highest synced watch faces?

• Analog is best
  • Digital is best
  • No Difference for me

0 voters

5 Likes

I did not expect that at all!
I thought digital would get a few votes… nada! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Wow… makes the prospect of publishing my 99% analog faces look not so good! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just as further proof here is a screenshot of my 12 highest synced watch faces. One of the twelve is analog and one is an anidigi, the other 10½ are digital. This is just my experience and “Your Mileage May Vary”.

3 Likes

I clicked no difference, but then I thought again about it, its maybe because most of my faces are hybrid with analog time and digital info and I cant separate them enough. Or maybe I just have to make more pure digitals to have enough material for comparison.
Then by plaform it seems, that apple store is more “hungry” than tizen/wear.

2 Likes

I looove your stuff, Anti… mostly your larger font digital stuff, just because I want to glance at my watch and instantly know what time it is. The (seemingly endless) other info that can live on a smart watch is interesting, but what I tend to focus on: Time, day of the week, day of the month, steps, temp, with time being the most important by far.
Most of the time, I’m a function over form kind of guy… however… IF I’m getting dressed up to go to an event… then I have several analog faces that I’ll throw on. Because… sometimes you gotta roll with style and bring the Spiffy!

3 Likes

Both: Ana-digi watches :slight_smile:
Analog looks best. Digital reads best.

6 Likes

I’m like you function over form or for me “information over style”. I prefer a digital just for quick easy time / weather / steps checks. But this morning at church I switched over to one of my analog hybrid faces. Just because, “reasons”. :grin:

4 Likes

9 of my top 10 are digital. Most of them are also variations on a single theme. I prefer analogue, and almost always wear analogue.

2 Likes

I’m bad, I do digital. Since it’s easier to see the picture I put on the watchface. Hehe

2 Likes

Though, I will say, even with the function over form that I do most of the time, there’s such a thing as information burn out… like I’m wrangling so many other things that I can’t be bothered with phase of the moon or dew point… and for the past couple of days, I’ve been going bare bones analog and loving it!
I’m new to Facer and it’s neat to see the stuff that unconsciously appeals to my sense of style… also, I’m blown away at the intellect and creativity that this community puts out!

3 Likes

I know that feeling. One of the first faces I put on my watch after getting it, and Facer, had so much information on it that I could barely tell what the time was. I thought it was cool, but now… not so much.

3 Likes

My two favorite watch faces are a private one that is unpublished, and MAG 1700 which is analog, but still has important information on it.

Private #3
30ba8c43f4d40af0c8ce32331d865d99_Private3-preview-round

MAG 1700
58f292428398b881b986b73c1e0c8023_MAG1700-preview-round

5 Likes

And that’s where the style element comes into it, at least for me… I want the 5 or 6 things that I want in an easy to read style that doesn’t feel too cluttered… maybe some pinstriping… a couple of throw pillows… chandelier? Nah! Maybe on Friday night for that state dinner I gotta go to…
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

What, no potpourri?! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl:

4 Likes

I also like the faces without too much cat vomit. :smiley:

3 Likes

Especially love the first one. Though, 5k is your daily target? Come on now. We don’t stay healthy on that. :laughing:

4 Likes

Actually, my step target is 1,500 because some days I just don’t feel like moving around. And being retired I don’t have too either. I went to 5k just because on some busy days I am bouncing pretty close to that. I think the most I’ve walked on a busy day was 4,800. Before I retired from the school I worked at as the Custodial Coordinator I was walking between 10k and 15k a day. Which is why I don’t care if I walk now or not. :laughing:

5 Likes

Every custodian I’ve ever met was a man/woman of remarkable interests and talents.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: