Price increase for paid members

Wait!!! Another charge??? Facer Plus=$4.99 gf or no ads??? I payed for PREMIUM for no ads…whatt!!!$??
Now the as po is riddled with ads and NO LONGER WORKS PROPERLY, Very glitchy!!! Facer will LOSE A LOT OF SUBSCRIBERS!!!$ AIGHT BUD LIGHT!!!

1 Like

@davidlopez001 Yeah . That is Supposed to be the Payment for Facer + , Facer Plus is suppose to cut out the advertising on the Platform . However the Internal Facer stuff keeps being thrown up on my screen . I think I might ask about that .
Facer Plus is a one off payment . Facer PRO is a subscription monthly or yearly to allow one to use the Interactive stuff on Creator . Face Premium is a Monthly or Yearly Subscription which allows you to download any Face for free . But you lose all the Premium Faces in your Watchbox when you Unsubscribe . Unless you have bought them individually from the Google Store .

1 Like

Quality is getting better though, lol.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: There is a Creator partner actually promoting having a 1000 followers. Not even trying to keep it in the down-low anymore.

#what’s the point?

1 Like

yeah, Facer pro removed all the ads for the past 7 months and now they want more $$$$ do that Facer+ can remove the ads again, and the watch faces glitch every time I attempt to install. Horrible company!!!

1 Like

Shame that People have different experiences . I must be Favoured . I have only paid for Plus once . Pro Does not remove Adds it gives you Advanced Tags in Creator as I mentioned in my Previous response . We seem to be repeating ourselves . I am Out of this one .

1 Like

It was inevitable. Not only is the US suffering from horrible inflation. Higher prices for running a business are always passed on to the consumers. Furthermore, when there are Facer members at Facebook encouraging customers to avoid premium faces because free “are just as good” that impacts business. It was reported that there was a Facebook Group topic a while back in which a member created an announcement to explain that designers do not earn anything from Premium designs because it all goes to Facer. The only thing she neglected to include was that it goes to Facer because there are bills and salaries to pay so that she and others can push out hundreds of free watch faces.

I was not aware that the Bud Light situation was the result of a price increase. I thought it was because of a poor marketing decision.

1 Like

And there it is…no one knows anything about the Facer Creator program or how Creator partners get paid to begin with. It is shrouded in secrecy only for us on the outside to gossip and speculate about. It’s just like the criteria to become a Creator Partner which is likewise totally ambiguous. Maybe if Facer was more forth-coming about what it actually takes to become a partner and there were concrete steps to work towards to achieve said goal, attitudes might be different. So when things like price increases come up, or someone from outside is magically a partner, a lot of people are just going to have a bad take on it. Personally, I’ll pay the 6 bucks a month to have Creator Pro to make watch faces for myself from now on. I am done making free content for Facer. It’s too bad really because I still believe Facer is the best platform to work on and the community is the best out there!

3 Likes

I don’t believe it has anything to do with the Creator Partner Program. Every business from resturants to fuel stations to hairdressers to medical practices have increased prices. I have not interviewed those businesses to see how their employees are paid. I do know that in desperate measures employees have been laid off, however. Many businesses in the US have simply gone out of business because they could not cover expenses and pay employees. I don’t have a hissy fit and blame managers, employees, or corporate when a box of cereal is three times as much as it was in the past or bank fees increase. It certainly has no bearing on how employees are paid.

1 Like

Well I guess some consumers are just gonna go for the “generic cereal” in hard times then.

1 Like

This was a clarification for a customer who automatically assumed, that all those who publish premium faces get a share and demanded something for their payment. They had no clue that some not only dont get anything from it, but in contrary have to pay for that priviledge. I do not complain, I paid gladly, but is this public secret or something? Why should it not be exposed, if it is common practice?

2 Likes

Ok…BUT, you cannot just create a new charge AFTER 7 Months after paying as yearly subscription fee!! That is simply BS!!! What happens between creators and facer doesn’t matter to all who are in a subscription that came ad free!!!

True, when you RE-NEW, NOT in the middle of a paid subscription!!!

It probably would have been more professional to simply provide the link to this rather and explain that not all premium designs are created by partners:

(That link should go to the public comparison of subscriptions. I’m running the beta so I’m not sure where you’ll end up.)
I believe it was the tone of entitlement and lack of understanding that Facer is a business that bothered some.

That’s fine. In that case they shouldn’t complain about prices on the name brand items. It is what it is.

Editing to pose a question: What do you think would happen if you cooked up some plates of delicious-looking meals, boxed them up, and walked into a nice restaurant with them and announced that they are free and just as good as what’s on the restaurant menu? Would the management praise you and tell the customers to go ahead because the restaurant doesn’t need the business?

I dont know, it opens creator for me. How should user understand from it, that there are two kinds of premium authors, some are professionals, others are just subscribers too?

2 Likes

I wish you would tell my ISP that. I was into my so-called contract for 3 months when they increased the yearly subscription.

I doubt that it matters if someone likes a design.
I have no clue why that link only goes to creator now. There are topics in this community explaining the differences. A lot of people want information spoonfed to them so they probably did not bother to look for it.

Yup it is what it is… And since I have no skin in the game I really don’t care about how inflation affects Facer and Creator Partners. If they feel it’s necessary to raise prices, then go for it. But we’re all happy that at least you show up here.

2 Likes

I just had to laugh and shake my head after I visited this discussion earlier today. I went to check email and found a new message from a local service that I have used for over 10 years. How timely! Their exciting news was that there will be a price increase to the service but now I will have the option to pay monthly, quarterly or annually. :upside_down_face:

1 Like