Pro version or not?

I stupidly thought subscribing to Facer would also bring the Pro features to the creator but it didn’t.

So now I’m wondering if it is worth canceling the subscription and subscribe to the Pro creator instead (Since I am almost exclusively using my own watch faces anyway and they would still be free for me to use, right?).

Does the browser version have all the same features as the windows app? I don’t want to be sitting in front of my laptop creating faces - that would just feel too much like work.

What do you get that the free version doesn’t have? I know themes and interactions and variables - is there anything else?

1 Like

Hi @juni00
To make my Watch Faces I only use the creator on my PC. Much more comfortable having a large monitor and the help of a real keyboard. So with Creator in Windows there is no problem. You have all the functions.
Pro or not Pro?
This depends on what you intend to do. If you want to do complex Watch Faces, like Chronographs; Touch selectable complications and stuff like that, you definitely need the Pro version.
If, on the other hand, you want to make Watch Faces simpler, without particular functions or complications that you can make or not appear with a touch, the normal version may suffice.
If you want, you can take a look at my Watch Faces to understand what I mean.

They have inspector mode open

I am going towards pretty complicated stuff as you can see in my profile:
DialGear

I’d really like to add color themes to them.

Nice work!

1 Like

Hello,
Have you seen the list of Pro features in this discussion? Is Pro Creator Membership worth it? - Facer Creator - FACER Community

I was not aware that a Windows App still existed. I use a laptop, graphics app, and Facer on Edge. I’m not sure what you mean by “too much work”, unless it is the extra steps used in learning the Pro tools.

1 Like

I meant that if I have to sit in front of my laptop it feels like I am working and face making is a hobby. I sit in front of the laptop every day when working my normal job anyway.

I use Art Studio Pro and Firefox on my iPad, and assorted 3D apps, mostly sitting comfortably on the sofa. :slight_smile:

Buy monthly subscription for Facer pro, it’s 6$ and you can cancel it anytime.

Use it for a month and see is it for you. The worst case scenario - you’ll waste 6$.

I like using Complication so in my case - it’s worth the money.

3 Likes

I think you can show the extra features (listed in blue) by clicking on the upgrade button

There are some nice to have things like statistics and promo images, that you can benefit from even when publishing free faces.

2 Likes

I unsubscribed to Premium and then I tried subscribing to PRO but they said to contact support. :frowning:

Those are two completely different things/subscriptions.

I know. I’m only going to spend money on one subscription.

So do I, but I love creating watch faces so much that it’s a pleasant break from my work. You’re lucky that you can use a tablet on the sofa. I need a desk, a chair, and a precise cursor. I bet you’ll love Pro tools. Have fun!

1 Like

The Apple Pencil is way more precise than a mouse. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I got the subscription so now I’ll have to test it out.

1 Like

I use Creator Pro because like you, I like complicated faces. KC5JIM

Those are some very complicated watch faces!

1 Like