Problems displaying the CounterClockWise (CCW) reverse clock

Hello, everyone,
I have a small problem with the display of the hour circle.
Currently the hours have written the code (-(#DWFHS#)) into the rotation.
With this rotation, I have the problem that sometimes you don’t see the number of hours.

How can I set it to jump to the next highest hour at 00 minutes and stay there until the next hour?
Thanks in advance for your help…

2 Likes

I must go on my laptop to Test it but I am certain you just take the S of #DWFHS# #DWFH# will give you 360 degrees in 24 devisions.
I like a 24 hrs clock.

1 Like

Hi there!
You would want to rotate that hours disk in 15° steps. So divide #DWFHS# by 15 (to get 24 segments), drop the decimal portion using “floor”, and multiply by 15, so use this
(-((floor(#DWFHS#/15))*15))

But the simpler way is to just multiply the hour by 15 to rotate in 15° steps:
(-(#DH#*15))

3 Likes

That will do it @kourosh but sometimes you need a KISS. PS i refere to the S in the tag in my head as Smooth. Well that is how it looks but not Mathamaticaly correct.

1 Like

I’m melting today, and not typing very fast…
(it’ over 100 outside and 86 inside right now :hot_face:)

And you’re right, KISS formula is (-#DWFH#) or also (-#DhoTb#) which I didn’t know about until you mentioned it and I found it in the disorganized documentation. We need a well organized “book” of the tags and expressions etc.

Sorry @daredevill, didn’t mean to drag you around and confuse you!

1 Like

@daredevill Look at this WIP test .
Great ring of 24 BTW .

1 Like

@kourosh I can not Believe you can even think at 100DEG .Trust me #DWFHS# is one of the few Tags I have in my head . I have never even seen #DhoTb# far less used it . So Thank you again . Sadly the documents I use most are the ones I have made Myself . I remember #DWFHS# as I use it when I am testing a formula so I can simulate the variable without switching from the tags window to the Sliders . Just lazy really . When I have it roughly working the I will tweak the maths . That is why if you look at my maths it is based on the rotational rather than the numeric values . then I get confused because they don’t all work with divisions of 360 degrees . Now I have completely lost it , but you know what I mean .

2 Likes

It’s tough dealing with heat, there are no layers to take off unlike with cold.

But I’m not sure why there are 2 tags for what appears to be the same exact thing. And, obviously, I have yet to learn every single tag.

1 Like

Now that @russellcresser set me straight, and I’m not foolishly rushing to reply… here’s a useful reply: use a transition effect instead of an instant “jump” from one hour to the next:
$#Dm#==0&&#Ds#==0?(-#DWFH#+15)-((interpAccel(#Dsm#,0,1,1))*15):(-#DWFH#)$

At the top of each hour (0 minutes and 0 seconds), this will rotate the disk from the previous hour to the current hour in a 1 second transition, for a more dramatic rotation of the hours disk.

3 Likes

To Sexy for me . This is turning into a Bookmarkable Topic. @kourosh you are becoming the Master of interpAccel . My Hat is of to you .

I included that line of code in MY WIP Test but it is not easy to Simulate. Howver it is there if someone Inspects the work. The static Numeral completely missed the point so I look forward to using the interpAccel on something. It would actualy look very cool on hrs and mins. Though I am a bit of a Dead Beat Man myself.

3 Likes

Great Tutorial thanks guys :smiley:
@russellcresser great test face :+1:

1 Like

Many many thanks @kourosh and @russellcresser
It’s not perfect yet, but it will be :wink: :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Looking good . Well Done .