Problems with Weather and Phone Battery

Hi to all
I have a GALAXY WATCH 3 and for a few days now, I don’t know if the latest update has to do with it, I have problems with the weather functions and with the phone battery.

1. The weather functions, after installing Open Weather, worked for some time. Now it happens as in the past. The info is empty. I need to load a Galaxy Shop dial; then go back to Facer and everything works. However, it is cumbersome.
  2. The phone battery no longer works. It remains blank (- -). If I re-sync the face, it marks the battery, but it gets stuck. It never updates.
    Facer of both the phone and the watch are updated to the latest version.
    Someone or @Facer_Official can have some idea about solving these issues?
    Thanks to all
2 Likes

You might double check to see if you really have the latest update. Facer just released version 6.0.1 a couple days ago that is supposed to be fixing some of those issues. I have a Galaxy Watch 1st gen on the latest update and am not having any issues with the weather. I’m not sure the phone battery issue was fixed in the last update, but it may have been. It seems kind of hit or miss as far as I can tell.

3 Likes

Hi @mrantisocialguy
Thanks for the reply. I checked the app versions and this is the result:
Phone: 6.0.1_106391
Companion App: 5.1.37.3
I think they are the latest releases. I suppose I’ll have to wait for some kind of fix. The most annoying drawback is the one concerning phone battery.
Thx again, have a nice day

3 Likes

One other thing I didn’t mention, I restart my watch whenever there is a strange issue. But I don’t normally have those strange issues because every time I charge any of my watches, I turn them off before charging. WearOS watches seem to work like an old Windows 95 computer because they always run best if restarted often. :grin:

2 Likes

@mrantisocialguy

Haha

Ya brought up.memories

The good old days

2 Likes

6.0.1 didn’t fix the phone battery for me. It has changed occastionally I think but if so is at an interval of about 15 hours, which is less than ideal. I did all the restartes after the update.

2 Likes

Hopefully they will figure it out and fix it with update 6.0.2.

1 Like

Hi
As @mrantisocialguy did, i restarted my watch, but…nothing. Me too at night shut off my watch and charge it when is off, but…nothing. I have also a TicWatchPro and with this i have no problems.
For sure the issue regards Tizen.
As for weather. with no reason because i have changed nothing, this morning all worked properly.
I noticed that the strange behaviour of weather data is erratic.
Let’s hope that 3.0.2 will solve all these issues

3 Likes

Weather has never been an issue on WaerOS2. Just the battery, and it is still not gfixed in 3.01 so, with you on the hopes for .02.

2 Likes

many are experiencing these bugs, both in some old models and in the watch4 (especially in this one), it solved me twice, uninstall only the clock application, then enter the phone application, there, press the red icon and when it asks to try again, choose reinstall, and from there install… maybe this solves your problem

1 Like

Hi @maximilianoemmanuel
Yes I know the Watch 4 has problems. He has had them since birth and, for me, he continues to have them. Which is why I didn’t buy it.
I read that with the watch 4 resetting the clock is the order of the day.
Too bad you have to reset everything from 0 every time !!
I will wait for the 5th, hoping they have solved all the problems.
With the Watch 1 and 3, never had problems until the last update. Never did a factory reset and everything always worked out fine.
However, it seems that due to the phone battery problem, I am in large company

1 Like

Totally agree, Samsung’s strategy was a disaster and its engineering more, Tizen was doing better, the change was not necessary, anyway. I have not had those errors on my watch 4, it seems to be with the lite and classic versions, in any case it is a problematic watch and the worst thing about Samsung is that when you launch an update its application forces you to update, and it does not let you use the old version that works best

3 Likes