Quick question regarding background images

Ok let’s say that I am perusing the mystical web searching for that perfect back ground image or that perfect set of numbers etc.
My question is what would the ideal size ratio be to where it has the best fit with out either losing to much of the image or stretching the image out to much?

2 Likes

320x320 is the size of facer canvas and Facer automatically scales down every images at insertion either to fit that canvas size or to 1/2, so 640x640 should be enough (the highest resolution of wear OS watch I know of is 480x480).
If you are about to make promotional images, the screenshots from preview are 960x960.

5 Likes

Thanks for that. I will keep those measurements in mind when searching background images.

2 Likes

I would not concern yourself about the PX ratio of background images . I used to make mine 2400x2400 . Just a waste of memory space . It seems like the biggest size we can post on here and preserve transparency on a png is 720 x720 . Make that a standard . I have used creator to scale images . It is a wonderful tool . Scales the image to 960x960 when you take a screen shot in creator.

2 Likes

Yep, don’t worry what sizes they are when you’re getting them, you can always edit them down to 720X720 after you have them, which is an ideal size to use here :grin:

2 Likes