Recent Facer Update

What is going in with Facer? Every watch that I own that runs less than Wear OS 2.0 (Asus Zenwatch 1, Moto 369 1st Gen, Gear Live, LG G watch), ever since the last update just craches and drains the battery within an hour. The only way I can get the watches to function is switching to a watch face other than Facer. Stock Wear OS, ASUS, watch maker and Mr Time all work fine. It takes me about 15 minutes to get the watch faces changed from a Facer watch face. Even my wear 2.0 watches lag and the battery drains twice as fast. I have 5 or 6 older watches and they all do the exact same thing when I try to use Facer. I get the “Android Wear has stopped working” please, please, please cen we fix it. I pay good money every month for this service. About to cancel.

Hi @dabair30!

Thanks a lot for your report and sorry about the issues you are reporting. Was everything working okay before this very last update?

Yes, I have roughly 18 different smart watches, all run Wear OS except for my Gear S and I have Facer on all of them. They all worked fine until recently and now they just burn up the battery and it takes me about 15 minutes to try and switch to a different watch face other than Facer. Once I have another watchface on the watch they run fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the info - we haven’t seen this issue on our side but we’ll run some additional in-depth tests on our side and may reach out to you directly for more details.

I certainly would appreciate it as I prefer Facer to the other two apps.

I’m having the same issue on my SS Gear S2. Up until the recent update, I’d have around 16-18 hours before having to charge, but now it’s only 3-5 (right now I’ve had it off the charger for 2.5 hours, down to 26%). It’s definitely Facer causing the drain, since 81% of battery use is from watch faces, and only Facer is installed (I uninstalled the rest yesterday just to make sure).