Replica Faces (seems) not for all aloud

Is there a reason why some people can make a Rolex face and most others get kicked ?

I did even asked Rolex and they really don’t care, People don’t skip from a rolex to a cheap smart watch ( they say)
Still get most removed while some people are still aloud to share Rolex based faces ( with name and logo)

Can somebody plz tell me how that is working ? should not all be aloud or all be banned ?

Even under trending a lot of Rolex faces are present…

I’m not buthurt but I just don’t understand why some can and some can’t publish Rolex based faces…

Unknow

Hi there,
Facer operates on an ‘as reported’ basis. If a watch face gets pulled, it is because the manufacturer lodged a complaint. If the face isn’t removed, it means that the manufacturer hasn’t seen it or doesn’t care that it’s there.
Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks but you are wrong. Removing is done by an automatic system… I did test a blanco face with just a description and a text. Got removed in less than a minute,no one could report or complain that fast. Also some faces get removed after you update them.

I just think that it looks really bad that some still can offer those faces and others not.

And feel free to try yourself, upload for example an empty Rolex face… It will be gone even before you can go to your collection.

Tnx for your input but I’m not sure that you have the right information to answer.

Hi there!

Our answer to this post here should help clear things up: Watch faces gone

Thanks!

1 Like

This automatic illegal brand removing system is brand new (told by one of the facer staff some weeks ago). May be it‘s not perfect yet…

Ah, cross posting…

Yes - follow the link (and the big white rabbit)

1 Like

Information was usefull and it make sense…

However, putting the label “fake” on an smartwach face is a little overkill…
People who can aford a Rolex (for example) will not replace them with a cheapass smartwatch… I’m lucky I have a Rolex Daytona and an Airmaster (both used) and they are not even close to my 300 euro S3 Classic…
They also do not have to be charged every other day :stuck_out_tongue:
Sure, the crown and the name are protected but it will never hurt sales.

But rules are rules, I made a few Rolex faces first week I had my S3, I don’t wear my real watches on vacation or when I travel but I love them so a face on a smartwach looked to me a great idea… and I did publish them… and they are removed :frowning: But I made them again and keep them as draft that is fine with me,

I don’t want a hunt on the faces that are still avalible, with the information from the link it make sense why they are still around.

tnx for all the replay and I will use my (little) talent on non Rolex faces :slight_smile:

1 Like

It did !

Tnx for the information!

@ Staff

Would it be at least possible to clean the top 100 ?

It really sucks that hours work get removed while the top 100 is full of Omega, TAG, Tissot and other brand faces…

To be honnest I think it’s great to have an automatic system but it sucks when a few still can have their faces up and running, getting their syncs while others have to struggele to get their 3000 sync’s to get premium…

It is just 10 min work to at least clean the top 100 and the Trending list…

Now I do feel a little butthurt seeing peaple in the top 10 with “fakes” and even a replica get removed…

Make it fair, put a interm with a banhammer and all is clean and fair again…

Sorry for bitching but trusting on a automatic system is easy but not fair to those who try to work around the rules …

1 Like

From that link:
“We take copyright and trademark infringement very seriously - every infringement is tracked and repeated ones typically result in the designer being excluded from feature placement in a first phase, and permanently banned from Facer if the behavior continues.”

Excellent!

@UserUnknow I agree that it might be good to exclude clones from Top 100 and Trending as well.

:sunglasses: The copy of my real one got me a few thousand syncs in day’s … That might be why staff is slow with removing the “fake” faces… If the remove them, the amount of syncs (total) will drop over 50 percent…

You have a point, but for those of us with only a handful of syncs on designs we spend hours/days on, it’s a discouraging reminder that we spend too much time here.

@UserUnknow

My first steps on facer were TAG Heuer Clones. You are right, they are getting a lot of syncs… but what are this syncs worth? I made a decision then not to clone anymore - it‘s not right, it‘s not fair. I removed them all and started again, made my own designs and I finally became premium designer. This way i can be proud of my work… It‘s no problem to make a clone for your own special purpose but it‘s not the right way to achieve premium status. And i assume this designers never will…

2 Likes

I did more or less the same (I only bought my Samsung a month ago) , also the huge amount of “fake” faces made me think it was not a problem as long it’s not a real watch. Now that point is clear.

The thing is now that you have to get passed all those fake watches to get even an change to get a face visable in any list… Getting premium is not a goal for me, I make faces for fun not to make money (I already do that) but I always like it when the situation is the same for all users, even it cost the site a lot of sync’s…

We will see, things never change overnight have all a great weekend !

Interesting, I hadn’t seen the recent automated system. Yes, all part of an ever-improving Facer :slight_smile:

Yes. But would you lose such a strong and free new user attraction factor if you were Facer?

If I wanted to be taken serieus yes…

If you want to keep beginning desingers you have to give them a fair change, without the the need to “fight” again fakes…

Look at the Trending list, 90% are branded faces and yes I know users want them, that is why my first 5 faces where fakes… but they all got removed. I’m oke with that as long the rules are the rules… however it would be fair if the rules are the same for anybody…

It took me an hour to collect a list with all fakes from the top 100 and the trending list So I really don’t understand why Staff can’t do that same and remove them… then we can all play fair and do we all have the same change based on quility and talent…

Again, I’m not here to make money and often i’m borred with something pretty fast but as long as I fidel around a bit with the faces I would like it to play nice…

It just suck when you spend a few hours to see your work removed in a sec… (making a good replica is a lot harder then making an original)

It feels even worse if you then browse to the list and you see that a few users have a huge amount of fakes that seems to be aloud…

I will not go as far to publish here a list whith those users but it would be nice if staff explain why they not take a bit of time to get this fixet…

1 Like

I was being ironic. I completely agree with you. Of course it is unfair or, more precisely, it lacks transparency.

In fact, I think there are big issues with Facer transparency when it comes to a lot of things, starting from the premium designer program - with the impossibility to see other designers sync number and to know the revenue sharing terms - to the reason why they leave fake designs on their front page when they openly say they take “copyright and trademark infringement very seriously”. Define seriously, @Facer_Official .

Even if you’re not interested in making money with your watch faces, but you wish to join the premium designer program, you may find interesting to take a look to this couple of threads:

Best wishes.

To be honnest, I do not really care to become a premium designer…

As an hobby I like to make some faces in my off time, I will have the freedom to complete abon this when I get bored and when you sell faces you HAVE to give suport and atention to your buyers…

I own my own company and that really have a lot higher priority :slight_smile: But that does not mean that what I make should have a fair change… Many can not afford to buy faces… I am more then happy to provide them for free

(But if you wanne buy some vintage audio i’m your man :P)

Becoming a premium designer is not only about selling your watch faces. It also gives you access to more design features, such as themeable watch faces.

It should not take more than a few days to remove those fake watch faces from the front page. We will see if they are really “serious” about copyright.

True,

But in my opinon Facer is a little bit for those who can’t get it to Play to make their faces as an apk.

Right now people are “spamming” faces with just a picture and a digital clock and they seems to puke out 40 of them in an hour… Google has rules so this seems easy for them.

Even if your a primium user, you still will not make money, for that you really have to be at Play but then you have to have some talent (a lot of the premium’s have!)

Facer does have a few benefits and even an monkey can publish a face here (look at the recent faces) :slight_smile:)

I just start to get a problem with the fact that staff here seems to aloud some users to keep their fakes on.

Maybe we (users who like to see those go) Can post a list with users who are still aloud to have their fakes on… like thatTtttk person… staff aloud thateven his fakes are in the top 100 and you can’t make me believe they have not the time to fix that… and their are dozens of people like that…

I don’t want to start an riot but If we users help staff a bit they should be able to remove all those fakes in like a day or so…

I am more then happy to start an new topic (of feel free to do so) where we can post those users so staff can take an look and judge is we have to do with fakes or legit faces…

Unknow