[RESOLVED] Supersized Workspace in Facer Creator for Chrome

I’m not sure how to start with this one…

I’m just gonna say:
I like the fact that the face is bigger (especially on my high-resolution screen), but the additional buttons kind of obscure the face…

I guess: Step in the right direction, but some work is still needed.

Whoa! Definitely not part of our plan here. Which browser (and operating system) are you seeing this on?

Google Chrome 61.0.3163.100
Windows 10.0.15063 (compilation 15063)

Update:
After updating Chrome to 62.0.3202.89 this is still happening.

And it doesn’t clear out with a hard refresh (hold ctrl + refresh the browser)? I’ve passed this bug to our devs to take a look into. Thanks for letting us know!

Actually the hard refresh thing got rid of it:

To be honest I didn’t know that was a thing.

But there is one thing that is still different - there is additional rectangle around the face.

The rectangle is a deliberate change we’ve made to improve performance, particularly for Google Chrome. This now indicates the visual working space and reduces the load on your CPU - elements outside of this line won’t be rendered (rather than allowing the Facer canvas to take the full size of the entire browser, which was killing performance even when no elements were taking this space). We’ll likely be making some updates to this in the near future, but we wanted to get a more performant version of the Creator out to designers as quickly as possible.

1 Like

By that you mean any element, whose x and y position exceeds that rectangle and not simply touch with any part of it, right?

It’s ok if elements exceed the rectangle, go outside of it, or touch it - the only difference is you will no longer see the element’s resizing handlebars and borders for portions outside of the rectangle.

1 Like

Um. Doesn’t this prevent resizing in position, if all four of an element’s resizing handlebars are outside of the sandbox?

Definitely not! :slight_smile: There may be situations where you need to resize by setting the height and width using the advanced menu (similar to how it was before if you’ve ever had an element bigger than your browser window). We didn’t add any new limitations. We’re looking into better solutions to handle this, but wanted to get the performance improvements out right away. Please let us know if this is a problem for you when editing or creating your designs!

As always, thanks for all of your feedback!

1 Like

Oh, okay! Thanks for the explanation, @Gavin! Sometimes the images I use have wacky dimensions. Thumbs up since there’s a reasonable alternative to drag and drop resizing.