Resource Minute dial

Hi all,

I’have an idea for a face but I can’t find the resource I want or seem to be able to find through the right description.

I would like to use something like this

Bu the issue I have is that I would like the numbers to be rotated 270 degrees so that as the dial turns the number read from the 90 degree position is vertical.
I just can’t seem to find that anywhere. I know I can make what I want in gimp or some such app but I’m a complete noob with stuff like that (I even know how but cannot seem to be able to manipulate the dial correctly) . I’ve made some stuff but it’s basic and looks it.

1 Like

If you want to spend the time, you can use that picture as a templet and just use the text elements to create each number in the position you want. Then delete the templet. It will take a full 60 elements, but you can have it exactly how you want with the ability to tweak it later on.

4 Likes

I get where you’re coming from, and that is a perfectly workable (if cumbersome) solution. But I would like to use the movement of the dial as a feature Hence the search for the right resource.

2 Likes

I have some that read north and south . Do you want it to read east or west . At 9 or 3 .
I bet you anything @bradtc has something he might share with you . Excuse me Invoking you Brad .

1 Like

I want for the number to be vertical at the 3 position similar to this

2 Likes

This is the working concept using the available dial and shows how I’m wanting things to work. Ideally, i would like the dial to move clockwise rather than anticlockwise.

1 Like

Hi @waynehardy66
What I can offer is 2 disks (used for seconds) or the outer rim I used for the minutes as in the watch faces below. I have 3 different fonts I used. Have look, let me know if you want any of that and if just plain numbers, or with background (metal, circles…)

3 Likes

That is very different from the Face you gave shown above . Sit down and do the work you will be well pleased .

1 Like

No problem @russellcresser, invoke any time. @waynehardy66, do you mean something like this?

I don’t ever really use dials though, I just use expressions, which is a little more work if you are up for it. Inspection is on.

Cheers!

5 Likes

yes it is, I found that face for illustration then decided to make the concept which shows what I meant better

2 Likes

Here you go…
(font used is called Sephora)

Rotation: #DWFMS#

Rotation: $(#Ds#%10)=9?((floor(#Ds#/10)*60))+(clamp(((((#DWFSS#/6)%60)-#Ds#)*60),0,60)):((floor(#Ds#/10)*60))$

Rotation: (#DWFSS#*6)

8 Likes

Fantastic Tom . Nice one .

2 Likes

Oh wow!! They’re amazing. Thank you so much.

3 Likes

There are 2 white transparent images below in different sizes, but are same image. Just in case you have any quality issues!

3 Likes

Wow . Fantastic .

Again wow! Cheers :+1:

1 Like

Ok I am stumped here.
I have been dabbling with trying to make a face utilizing the resources provided by @tom.vannes up there.
Assuming that I want the time to show at the 3 o’clock area.
Now I get that #DWFMS# in the rotation field does minutes, and that (#DWFSS#*6) does seconds.
Now one issue I find is that while the numbers 60_B / 60_W rotate correctly using #DWFMS#
Neither the numbers 0-60 provided by @jason.clarke.uk or a combination of the numbers 0-5 + 0-9 provided by Tom seem to work properly using (#DWFSS#*6) .
The issues here are Jason’s numbers 0-60 don’t seem to want to line up for me correctly and Tom’s 0_5 + 0_9 want to run concurrent and not consecutively.
Now the place where I am the most confused is trying to get the hours situated.
Which I assumed was
$(#Ds#%10)=9?((floor(#Ds#/10)*60))+(clamp(((((#DWFSS#/6)%60)-#Ds#)*60),0,60)):((floor(#Ds#/10)*60))$
in the rotation field.
But no matter how I arrange the number sets the only thing I seem to consistantly get to function properly is the minutes.
Which leads me to believe that either I am doing my set ups all wrong or I am missing some information in my interpretation of the info provided.

1 Like

That is probably, because the 01-60 are not oriented for starting at 3h position and they are growing another direction. So you may need to add minus sign to the tag to change the turning direction and +90 to the formula to align the image for 3h position. Something like (90-#Ds#*6)

3 Likes

Best to show us with an inspectable Draft .

1 Like

I didn’t even notice the numbers were reversed between the 2 sets.

1 Like