Resource Minute dial

Hi all,

I’have an idea for a face but I can’t find the resource I want or seem to be able to find through the right description.

I would like to use something like this

Bu the issue I have is that I would like the numbers to be rotated 270 degrees so that as the dial turns the number read from the 90 degree position is vertical.
I just can’t seem to find that anywhere. I know I can make what I want in gimp or some such app but I’m a complete noob with stuff like that (I even know how but cannot seem to be able to manipulate the dial correctly) . I’ve made some stuff but it’s basic and looks it.

1 Like

If you want to spend the time, you can use that picture as a templet and just use the text elements to create each number in the position you want. Then delete the templet. It will take a full 60 elements, but you can have it exactly how you want with the ability to tweak it later on.

4 Likes

I get where you’re coming from, and that is a perfectly workable (if cumbersome) solution. But I would like to use the movement of the dial as a feature Hence the search for the right resource.

2 Likes

I have some that read north and south . Do you want it to read east or west . At 9 or 3 .
I bet you anything @bradtc has something he might share with you . Excuse me Invoking you Brad .

1 Like

I want for the number to be vertical at the 3 position similar to this

2 Likes

This is the working concept using the available dial and shows how I’m wanting things to work. Ideally, i would like the dial to move clockwise rather than anticlockwise.

1 Like

Hi @waynehardy66
What I can offer is 2 disks (used for seconds) or the outer rim I used for the minutes as in the watch faces below. I have 3 different fonts I used. Have look, let me know if you want any of that and if just plain numbers, or with background (metal, circles…)

3 Likes

That is very different from the Face you gave shown above . Sit down and do the work you will be well pleased .

1 Like

No problem @russellcresser, invoke any time. @waynehardy66, do you mean something like this?

I don’t ever really use dials though, I just use expressions, which is a little more work if you are up for it. Inspection is on.

Cheers!

5 Likes

yes it is, I found that face for illustration then decided to make the concept which shows what I meant better

2 Likes

Here you go…
(font used is called Sephora)

Rotation: #DWFMS#

Rotation: $(#Ds#%10)=9?((floor(#Ds#/10)*60))+(clamp(((((#DWFSS#/6)%60)-#Ds#)*60),0,60)):((floor(#Ds#/10)*60))$

Rotation: (#DWFSS#*6)

8 Likes

Fantastic Tom . Nice one .

2 Likes

Oh wow!! They’re amazing. Thank you so much.

3 Likes

There are 2 white transparent images below in different sizes, but are same image. Just in case you have any quality issues!

3 Likes

Wow . Fantastic .

Again wow! Cheers :+1:

1 Like