Rotation formula for day and night

Hi All

I would like to make a screen of day and night which is rotatable with sunset and sunrise

I tested the rotation formulas of this topic but one of the rotation formulas didnt work at all and the other rotation formula worked incorrectly for me.

Opacity formulas worked correctly

Could you please give me proper rotation formula ?

Thanks

1 Like

. You Disk wih day and night must be oriented acording to the formulas. Show us with an Inspectable where you have got to. Otherwise we are just guessing what you need.
That Tutorial is very Advanced. This is not the work a Beginner needs to be involved with just yet.

1 Like

Thanks for reply. I’ll try more since the formulas are correct and I’m using them improperly.
As you said, the toturiali is for advanced users.

1 Like

Post the image you are using here I will check it for you.

1 Like

check this please

1 Like

I am half way through a test . Dinner awaits . SR and SS work . You see this method requires 4 Images.
OK you got something working just need debugging . I find it easier to work from scratch . Well done .More soon .

1 Like

I finished the test now . What a wonderful bit of work . I might be using that. There was a tiny little bug in there but check out this test an compare notes. Remember in creator the time machine has to be on today and SR SS are for LA .

1 Like

My default picture i mean sun at the top had 90 in rotation
Opacity : $(#DH#+(#Dm#/60))>(#WRH#+(#WRm#/60))&&(#DH#+(#Dm#/60))<((#WSH#+(#WSm#/60))-1)?100:0$

So for the moon at the top it has to be 270 in rotattion
Opacity : $(#DH#+(#Dm#/60))>=((#WSH#+(#WSm#/60))-1)&&(#DH#+(#Dm#/60))<=(#WSH#+(#WSm#/60))?100:0$

So i used this formula for sun rotating to moon or sunset or SS
Rotation : (90+(((#WSH#+(#WSm#/60))-1)-(#DH#+(#Dm#/60)))*-180)
Opacity : $(#DH#+(#Dm#/60))>=((#WSH#+(#WSm#/60))-1)&&(#DH#+(#Dm#/60))<=(#WSH#+(#WSm#/60))?100:0$

For moon rotating to sun or sunrise or SR i used
Rotation : (270+(((#WRH#+(#WRm#/60))-1)-(#DH#+(#Dm#/60)))*-180)
Opacity : $(#DH#+(#Dm#/60))>=((#WRH#+(#WRm#/60))-1)&&(#DH#+(#Dm#/60))<=(#WRH#+(#WRm#/60))?100:0$

1 Like

Ha Ha . You will see I had the luxury of constructing an image ( In Creator ) with the Sun Up having looked at the formulas. Well done bending the formula . That is what it is all about .

1 Like