S3 Phone battery

Two Years! And the S3 bug not showing phone battery status still not corrected. I’m considering getting an I watch this is so frustrating. Any news? Any fix that I don’t know about? Please, somebody comment for me!

I believe that issue is an Apple “walled garden” issue more than a Facer issue. Until IOS opens it’s system to “other” apps, it will never get changed. Or you could fix it yourself by escaping the “garden” and move over to an Android powered phone. Until Apple starts hemorrhaging customers because of their strict user rules, they’ll never change their approach to your freedom of choice.

Sorry, this does not help. My phone is a Samsung S7 with Android. I have upgraded to latest updates on S3 watch, S7 phone, and Facer. Changed to standard S3 faces and back to facer. I have tried all the community suggestions. It worked fine when I first began using Facer.

I really don’t know what to tell you then. I am wearing my Gear S3 Frontier and this is a watch selfie I just took as you can tell by the date. I’ve never had an issue with the phone battery and I’m running a Samsung S10e. The only time I’ve ever had a problem was switching from a Samsung face to a Facer face, but that only lasts 3 or 4 minutes until I have the phone battery showing. You’ll have to go through @Facer_Official on that.