Samsung square screen coming soon (maybe)

This will be interesting if it happens and could cause a few headaches with old designs not optimised for square faces

3 Likes

Eu prefiro a tela redonda!

2 Likes

Hey!
Customers are waiting for this edition.

4 Likes

Would be nice. Let us wait for it and drink some tea :rofl:

3 Likes

Nope - not for me!

4 Likes

Square or rectangle watches are not my thing either, but I’m prepared :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I have only one thing to say .
#ZISROUND#
Does not work on Apple Watches :face_with_monocle:
Sadly that can not account for rectangular shapes . Hope fully the aspect ratio becomes a convention . Like TV screen formats . :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

I guess even those “optimised” will have the notorious black borders above and below the squre, unles Facer optimizes the canvas size to reflect it.

5 Likes

May be while they are at it they could make a template for OPPO . Just Saying :::)))

3 Likes

I primarily only make faces for the watches i wear. So if i do buy a square watch, thats what i will be designing for as 1st preferably. For now the only thing i tend to do for squares is a border rather than utilise the extra screen space.

2 Likes

I mean, I suspect that if Samsung would really turns back to rectangular display, it will be again in form of oblong rectangle rather than square.

4 Likes

Or it will look like the apple watch

2 Likes

Samsung have made a Square Watch before, and amongst my collection I have created a few Faces for Square Watches :grin:

5 Likes

Nesse modelo vocĂŞ fez um quadro ficar muito bonito!!!

4 Likes

If this is true I’d expect a rectangular shape with a curved LED screen.

This would open a Pandora box: a rectangular face would require hands that lengthen for 12 & 6 and shorten for 3 & 9. An interesting coding project for sure. But not for me.

3 Likes

A few of us have made Stretchy hands. I made mine Telescopic. However had to split the job up a bit, some of the masters have done it with one Layer. PETER had the brilliant Idea of running them under elliptical masks.

4 Likes