Scrolling Weather/Location Text

I want to scroll this text in this spot, not going the entire width of the face

1 Like

Looks Familiar .
Inspect this test .

1 Like

We’re supposed to be/get inspired right?

1 Like

Still can’t get the scrolling to work like I want to. Oh well.

1 Like

Yes Defiantly . Are you finding the tests Tom and I have posted useful or are they confusing . I can not inspect your face as you have not posted the link . But I get the impression you are using STROKE on some of the text . Be aware that it does not work on WOS and can cause errors. Of course I could be completely wrong . I Often Am .

Yes I did, and yes, it is a bit confusing for me. :laughing: :thinking: I did a copy and paste and did do what I wanted

1 Like
1 Like
  • Use the mask below and place as the last layer.
  • Color it black in this case
  • Put 4 time the weather text (make sure the text width is long enough), behind the mask.
  • And put the code above in the X-position respectively.

Mask:

2 Likes

Do you mean Did Not . Would the Test of the weather scrolling on the test above I made not suit you . The issue is when scrolling especially something with changing lengths is that exactly that , the width .

top of the list of layers or at the bottom (above the background color layer)?

Didn’t have to use the mask plus only 2 weather text layers

You guys are a life saver, or should I say headache saver :laughing:

4 Likes

Great stuff!

2 Likes

Oh forgot to say " THANK YOU!!! "

2 Likes

Here another variation of scrolling text.
Adjust the integer values to change start positions/offsets.
Adjust the DWFSS tag division integer to change speed of scroll. Lower number is faster.
Any play with the numbers to see what happens. Probably some smart mathematician can explain better how it all works!

2 Likes

Thanks! need to bookmark this now.
Quite a few options …

2 Likes

Sadly using #DWE# and #Dsm# gives us a jump these days . For smooth scrolling we need to find a way to use #DWFSS# .

2 Likes

Updated to dwfss tags now. Thanks for the pointer

1 Like

That they are (headache saving) - these guys!! Is this latest one inspectable? Scrolling weather doesn’t much appeal to me (mostly because I have an original Pixel Watch with lousy battery life), but the design is very cool. I’d love to know if your step counter works (or is it the customizable complication, which does work, but has its own set of issues).

1 Like

Well, figured out my own answer. No - the step counter must be #ZSC# which means it won’t work on the Pixel Watch for steps greater than 999. Oh well. Still a really cool design.

2 Likes