Searching for a user

I am trying to find a specific user named thomasfmal or Charlie Design by logo. Why are they not coming up? I clicked on user and typed him in manually, but he’s not showing up anywhere.

1 Like

It’s a bit wierd the facer.io identifies user by their chosen display name but the community by their username.

I just did a search here for @thomasfmal and came up with one post (Hello Masters! Need help for step goal percentage - #4 by thomasfmal). You can click his name from there to get to his user page and message him.

No hits came up for either on the basic facer.io search though.

2 Likes

I just searched right here and found him straight away :joy:
Here he is - Profile - thomasfmal - FACER Community

2 Likes

Thank you guys! I’m glad i found him with your help.

Is there a reason why his watch faces do not pop up when i search for them by name ?

2 Likes

Thanks. Any reason why his watchfaces arent popping up when i type them in by name? Maybe i need premium?

1 Like

No, you just need to know what name he is recognised by for his faces. From the community you would not know my faces are under Bodestone without seeing one of the ones I have posted here.

1 Like

Premium isn’t needed, no, but he only has 2 Faces and they are here -
Charlie • Facer: the world’s largest watch face platform

1 Like

If i search Charlie Design here in explore I cant find him, am i in the wrong spot?

1 Like

Lol thanks.

1 Like

Hi @janetteg That Explore Search Engine is not brilliant. Also make sure your Device selection is not struck on Apple IOS watches.

3 Likes

Very good point, and I was also searching Charlie Design, not just Charlie so people with a lot more submissions and Design somewhere in their description ccame up first

2 Likes

Yeah you get a lot of stuff that seems Irrelevant. But if you were searching for Compass you might be intrested by the other stuff that comes up. The search engine looks in the description for your Term as well. Enjoy.

On the mobile App Search, it only searches for Watch Faces, not members, but you can find who you’re looking for here and then see their designs to look for here or in the App.

2 Likes

I typed RUSTY in the search Box . Admittedly you have to sort through some other stuff . but oh what fun .

2 Likes

Why do they have to make this so complicated. Thanks. I havent tried on desktop yet, only mobile app. I’m still learning how to navigate all this.

1 Like

I’ll look into that. I have a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch, definitely not apple.

2 Likes

Yeah . I kind of assumed you were looking on the Website. If you want to do anything serious you need to go there. Unfortunately websites are composed by a collection of teams . So the Net results can be a little disjointed . What Facer have set out to do is very complex. It is not just a Wiki. Stay with it . Enjoy.

2 Likes