Second hand every 5 seconds

Hi. I have a problem, i need to make the second hand tick every 5 seconds. How can i do? I searched in the forum but i founde nothing similar.
The hand have to move on second 0, 5, 10, 15…
Thank you

1 Like

So Welcome @coleman84ac . This gives 10 second ticks

((floor(floor(#DWFS#)/60))*60)

So change the 60 to 30 ( degrees) for 5 second tick.

The following is a far more complex one that sweeps inbetween.
I made it for 10 seconds so you will have to play to get it to 5.
I am away visiting family so if you wanted me to help you work it I will be with my Laptop in a couple of days.
In the mean time test the first one. Get back to me if this is of Intrest to you.

$((((#DWFSS#)))%60)<=3?((#DWFS#-30)+((#DWFSS#-#DWFS#)*10)):((floor(floor(#DWFS#)/60))*60)$

:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

@coleman84ac. This working. Needs abit of tweaking.

$((((#DWFSS#)))%30)<=3?((#DWFS#-15)+((#DWFSS#-#DWFS#)*5)):((floor(floor(#DWFS#)/30))*30)$

When you are ready get back to us.

Tweaked

$((((#DWFSS#)))%30)<=4?((#DWFS#-20)+((#DWFSS#-#DWFS#)*5)):((floor(floor(#DWFS#)/30))*30)$

2 Likes

Another way to sweep, using interpAccel:
((floor(#DWFSS#/30)*30)+(interpAccel(#DWFSS#%30,27,30,1)*30))

7 Likes

To simply tick once each 5 seconds (green in example) you can use expression for rotation like
(6*5*floor(#Ds#/5))
6 is how many degrees you want it to rotate for each second in average, both 5 are the interval to stand still
Or if you want it to visibly move the last second of the interval (red in example), then add something like this:
(6*5*floor(#Ds#/5)+6*5*clamp((#Dsm#%5)-4, 0, 1))

5 Likes

Then the Cavalry arrive. Very nice gentlemen. I just think we have lost @coleman84ac. Any way a good Bookmarked Topic.

2 Likes

I am here. I was just out and about on business.
thanks a lot to everyone

1 Like

@coleman84ac Cool. Looking forward to seeing your work.