Semi-Transparent/Frosted Glass Theme?

I have been intrigued with the idea of creating a watch face (Apple Watch) with a frosted glass background/template for the Modular Duo watch face. This watch face has two 708x302 square complications area’s.

I was thinking of making just a semi transparent frosted glass banner that takes up each complication area, like a background frame. I’m not sure how I should go about “overlaying” some progress bars and circles, some fitness tracking, etc over the glass. I want to keep the style and idea of text and info thats “overlayed” or “printed” ontop of a glass banner.

Anyways I am quite new to this, I believe this watch face will be my 5th design. I was curious if anyone had any idea’s or tips on how I can add text and progress bars, etc. ontop of a frosted glass background that will maintain the design style and wont look funny.

Thanks!

Here is where I am currently. The colors aren’t matched correctly and some things aren’t aligned properly, just wanted to show you the idea i’m thinking

Sorry I don’t know how to embed a full screen preview watch face? It’s too small when I try

3 Likes

Looking good so far, nice work.
To post a proper link here, just select the little icon at the bottom (Share Icon), and it will give you a shareable link you can copy and paste then ok :grin:
Untitled

2 Likes

I copy and pasted the embeded link but it looks small compared to other people post. Does it look like because its the apple watch?

1 Like

No idea until you show it here :rofl:

2 Likes

I’be been looking for a face like the old Bulova Accutron that is clear and shows the gears moving in the background.faux gears in this case !

1 Like

Welcome @faldik. I dont think you would see gears at this scale. I got this fom doing a search.

1 Like

@russellcresser You know you’re gonna have to do a version of that with actual moving parts don’t you :grin:

And here’s the actual Accutron model -

2 Likes

I did a schematic a few years ago. The priblem is tge tunning fork vibrates so quick. There was a story that some could actualy hear it. I am very surprised that onecwas not taken Down.

Looking at the Picture I think there os a Single Discrete Transistor in there. Imagine how many we have in our Smart Watches Today.

2 Likes

Ha ha yes, and tiny little things too, with no need to know the resistor colour code at all :laughing:
I was taught it as “Black B#@tards Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Oh Dear. Can not say tjings like that these days. How times Change. :blush::joy:

1 Like

I passed City & Guilds and NVQ Level 2 Electronics at Princetown University, and still have all my paperwork from it, I loved it :grin:

1 Like

I can not find Princetown University . I found Princeton . :rofl: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It was in Princetown, Yelverton :grin:

1 Like

You may need to use Photoshop for the frost/blurred effects:

3 Likes