Show time in more parts

Can you explain this part?

1 Like

Try this: https://www.calligraphr.com/

1 Like

No Idea how you managed to take a screenshot with two Tags Highlighted . But I see you are asking about The Magic of Modulus . So basically it divides by the number but only gives you the remainder . So you can do a Modulus on a silly big number like #DNOW# to make something really useful . Give it a GO .

I was wondering that too, but I got it: select one (orange) and hover over the other (white)!

1 Like

Just be ignorant and do it without purpose. That worked for me.

1 Like

I thought i (more or less) understood modulo in this situation, where I used it for cycling.

but I don’t understand how ((#Dm#)%10) of ex. 58 (minutes) gives 8?

1 Like

I did try to explain Modulus above . You will see I have added a long hand piece of maths to do the same job . Sometimes it is a good Idea to Play with Tags to see what happens .

Sorry but I can not Help you with Pro stuff . I struggle to achieve an understanding of what I can do On Facer Basic .

I have had a look at cycle . In that case It is use to confine the number generated by Toggling the Variable to 5 . The watch has no way of resetting the Variable when you get to 5 so it is letting you use the reminder when you have 24 taps counted . Of course in that situation Modulus will give you 4 .

BTW
This code you have in you opacity Tag for the alternate faces is a little wrong .

It was written for a Positional move .

$(#VAR_1#%5)==4?160:-200$

Could be .

$(#VAR_1#%5)==4?100:0$

Of course it would have worked but leaves you with little understanding of Why .
Opacity is 0-100 percent screen size is 0-320 px .

1 Like

Like I mentioned in another post, I don’t like pasting something without understanding
what’s happening… (advantage and disadvantage at the same time)

For the second option, I just have enough braincells to follow, so thanks.
(for me it helps to see an example)

1 Like

You obviously understand Maths so you have half a chance . I am not good at the Long hand because I am not a mathematician . I usually et where I want to Creatively .

1 Like

Hi

I understand that here were start from a handwriting on paper, scan it, etc.
My intention is to work digitally = draw characters in drawing app (Sketchbook I use)

I don’t think it can be done with Calligraph?

Bye
Nico

1 Like

Can you not import .png into that Calligraph App ?

it’s a bit cumbersome.
One has to work with a template of them, a template with markers to draw in; make a picture/ scan later to upload.
I’ll give it a shot by using it as a layer in my drawing app, then merge it on their template and then print it as a pdf. And upload that… :yawning_face:

1 Like

Oh dear . I am sure someone will turn up soon with a Better Idea . All the Americans are asleep at the moment .

oh, not aware, here (Europe/ Belgium), 10:56 am :innocent:

ps: but I must change the white into a colour or Calligraph won’t find a character on the white template :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Oh Shit. Can you not change the colour of the background. In a .ttf they are Black but can still be Coloured in facer. It would be so much easier to work black on white. If not work with a light grey. Can you not work in a Chroma Key Colour and change it in a later part of the process.

I’m trying it in a colour, which can be set in white later in Facer. The thing is, I want to use multiple colours, white included, so that’s harder.

what’s this?

1 Like

have it like this

but want it kinda like this

1 Like

Ha Ha . That is me being a smart arse . Red Green or Blue . What they use for CG stuff for film .

I was going to say I use Sketch Book for tweaking stuff . I have not found good way to get stuff dead centre an vertical . But in a tiny watch face screen it is good enough .

I did not see those shots just now .

What I don t understand is you started by asking about showing the Digits separate now you are showing me a font you want to make with the numerals together.

You will see that a lot of people cut their losses and just us the Images instead of a font .

Have a look at this . I have not cracked the 12/24 option yet as far as I remember .

I am a choatic. Seperate numbers is still the goal, but you will not find a logic way in my thinking/ acting. Doctors are still looking for a pill/ cure for this specific disorder.
Once i’m getting into something new (fonts) I forget/ discard what I was doing before (seperate clock numbers… or even further: trying to make a face). Again an advantage (learning things) and disadvantage (finishing things :grin: )
So now I was just playing around with making some fond numbers.
Thanks for remembering me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Hey listen That Is Fine . Thanks fot being Frank. The known Universe was created from Chaos. Repect for following your Whim. You will not get stuck in a corner. I think the most Important thing is we are all still learning.