Slow Burn - Inspection Open

My newest mechanical face, slow burn hits v.1.1 with inspection open. The whole face rotates once per hour while hour face always stays in the traditional 12 at the top position. There’s nothing complicated about this, but it did require compensation of opposing rotations to make everything turn in the right way. Hour hand uses a one hour tick.

9 Likes

Nice! Always a fan of “out of the box” time display. Got a few like those as WIP as well.

3 Likes

Just WOW…

3 Likes

Me too, and I love slowly evolving things. I wish our watches had long battery lives and didn’t need an AOD mode. I did toy with the idea of a shine that follows the rotation. Maybe for the steampunk version, that may be in the future. :smiley:

3 Likes

Luxury style,original and unique hour/minute hand , only things that works a bit strange are the gears, rotation seems not related to the seconds wheel rotation, it’s just a my opinion ,all in all it’s a piece of art

3 Likes

Very nice indeed.

2 Likes

Very nice complication, I love these sorts of things as well! :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

great job Richie!

4 Likes

Hmmm. you’re right. It’s a bit off isn’t it. I think I see the problem. Question is, can I fix it. :laughing:

btw - any of you using Affinity Designer. If you store your stuff as assets. Do yourself a favour and back them up. I just lost all mine in the amount of time it took for Designer to crash while I was trying to save a new asset. Literally over a years worth of assets gone.

3 Likes

That’s a massive ouch, even though I don’t know the exact context.

I actually have about 17 TB worth of data backed up to the cloud for about $60 a year.
Backblaze.com are the folks. DM me if interested in details as there are cons to the pros of getting it that cheap… but you do get your files back.
I recovered 13 TB a few years ago when an external raid went completely belly up.
The trouble with the cheapo tier is it took several months for recovery.
The fact is… It was all backed up and I got it back.
I Will advertise here if people think that private is twitchy. Just didn’t want to 3rd party monetise.

2 Likes

I’ll just take the hit. I’d rather local backups, but they’re all a pain to deal with, and typically you don’t find out that your stuff hasn’t been backing up for months until you go to grab it (which has happened to me a couple of times with Time machine). It’s not the end of the world, just the end of re-using old elements.

2 Likes

Fixed the gear rotation. All in time with no slippage now. :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry you lost some stuff Rich . Good you can be Philosophical about it .