Small hand marking Leap Year

Hi @russellcresser
Thanks again. I have discovered a new function of Time Machine.
:grinning:

1 Like

Here is my 2 cents… a hand that rotates continuously over 4 years:

3 Likes

Hi @petruuccios @russellcresser @andrew.dowden
Again my best thanks to all. I tried the formulas and referring to the picture i have posted the formula that it seems to work better is
((#Dy#%4)*90+(-45))
With this formula the hand goes just in the middle of the fields (1-2-3-LEAP YEAR)
Anyway I took note of all formulas.
One thing i do not understand in petruuccios face. You have 2 hands over the small dial.
The one that seems to work fine is that with formula ((#Dy#%4)*90+(#DM#-1)*6-78)
The other hand does strange movements.
For sure I’ll be me who didn’t understand something
Thanks for taking your time to help me, very appreciated
A nice day to all

1 Like

One small hand (red) should jump from field to field on 1st January and then along the 12 small marks each month and on the end of year jump again.
The second one (blue) should move each month to one of the 12 hour numbers. To mimic the blue hand of your image.
I maybe forgot to clear the formula first time. it should read (#DM#*30)

1 Like

Hi @ThaMattie
I tried your formula too, and i must say that your 2 cents are unvaluable. The small hands moves month by month in a perfect way.
Thanks so much having helped me one more time.
Now i have a full collection of formulas to indicate a leap year with a hand.
Thanks to all of you guys

2 Likes

Its 1PM here, I just had lunch.

1 Like

Here also. Enjoy your meal :grinning:

3 Likes

You do need to be careful not to use extra, unneeded brackets … (with Facer)

((#Dy#%4)*90+(-45))

Is exactly the same (mathematically) as:

#Dy#%4*90-45

The only exception (for Facer), is you will need an extra set, around the whole formulae, to display the value.

2 Likes

10:13pm (on Tueday), in Canberra, AUSTRALIA

2 Likes

You are pretty far ahead, time to go bed soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @andrew.dowden
I must apologize. I can only say, as I have always said, that I am a real mathematical donkey.
I hope the poor donkeys don’t take offense LOL :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

I always tend to look for a simple solution. So instead of rotating a hand, you can work with opacity. Since you only have 2 positions, you can work with the leap year formula below and show the hand in a fixed position.

Blockquote
$#Dy#%4=0&&#Dy#%100!=0&&#Dy#%100!=0?100:0$
Blockquote

2 Likes

Hi @tom.vannes

Obviously I should go and test it but Please explain why does .

&&#Dy#%100!=0

Appear twice.

1 Like

Sorry! one of the 100 should be 400

1 Like

Great Tom . Some people get a bit Shirty when you flag up something . Respect . Some times those formulas are so long. Got that one in the bits box . Hope to hear from you again Soon .

Ok, I like simple solutions. Yet here the request was not make it simple, but to mimic hand, that circles trough 4 years.

2 Likes

Ah, yes very true. I even caught myself thinking it is a bit cheating using 2 hands and opacity.

2 Likes

You are commenting on a Topic from 2 years ago . I feel you are on the wrong topic . I see nothing of yours here in the Topic . Try stick to the appropriate Topic then People might know what you are Talking about . You can not ask general questions like How are my Watch Faces . You have to ask a Specific Question about a Particular Issue .
Você está comentando um tópico de 2 anos atrás. Eu sinto que você está no assunto errado. Não vejo nada seu aqui no Tópico. Tente manter o tópico apropriado para que as pessoas saibam do que você está falando. Você não pode fazer perguntas gerais como Como estão os mostradores do meu relógio. Você deve fazer uma pergunta específica sobre um assunto específico.

1 Like