Smart Analog AZ049a

And I need to make my own font, or get AZ’s perrmission.

2 Likes

Just changed one wheel so it could potentially be the hours. But as I wrote, I think someone else should run with the idea. I just don’t have the eye for it.

1 Like

I am very excited to have a go with those. To see how they make grey.
We have seriouy Hijacked this Topic. But I am certain @akar.zaephyr will only be Complimented.
Your test is coming allong. I love the " Out of Chaos" feel of it.

Now and again people make Ideas into Challanges. If you and @akar.zaephyr are not concerend about ownership Perhaps you could start a New Topic with an open invitation to carry on with the concept. Let us see if we have Invoked @akar.zaephyr and he is happy about the Idea.

Yes, bit unfair to AZ to hijack his thread, AND steal his font.
Started a new thread here

1 Like

I do not remember anyone ever Complaining about a Hijack. But it is better if the Topic Title Describes what happens below it. What is Archived on the Community is more Searchable then. That is All.

Nah, that’s not my font :slight_smile: In my never-ending quest to find interesting segment fonts, I’ve stumbled upon this guy’s website: Segmented display designs
He seems to be a fan of segment fonts himself, so I’ve used his work :slight_smile: Credit where credit’s due, it’s Posy’s design, and a few more interesting designs as well which I may turn into watch faces if time allows (and it doesn’t recently!). All downloadable as SVG so Inkscape is where I turned those into source images for the watch face.

Feel free to use it, author himself allows usage of his work for non-commercial purposes (and for commercial as well, just takes talking to him :slight_smile: ). I’ve credited his design in my watch face page, though it seems not well enough since nobody noticed that so far :smiley:

Hijack my thread all you want, I’ve got nothing against it, but @russellcresser is right that for tracking purposes, it may be easier to find for future users if it has properly-named thread of its own. Up to you really, feel like at home here, I won’t ever show you the door out :smiley:

PS: I actually have, only few, segment font designs of my own, but… Let’s just say I’ve just started experimenting with it and it’s nothing I could publish without embarrassment. I’m still learning this sort of graphical work and my methods for the moment are… primitive. It’ll be some time before I can actually present something of substance. But who knows, maybe one day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you and thanks for the link, I’ll definitely check that out.
I initially posted the idea because I thought you might find a good use for it. Seems to fit in nicely with what you are working with.

2 Likes

@akar.zaephyr Thank you for all you have done . True Spirit of the community .

I really love the idea! Both, actually, the color combination that only reveals its digits while both wheels are aligned, and the rotating discs to achieve it.

I’m thinking of trying to animate this while using opacity animated with passing time, #DWE# maybe, so that time can be saved replacing rotation with simply going invisible and back to visible.
Need some time to test it out :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah Time is All we Need.

1 Like

@akar.zaephyr Happy you like it! If you need any help with rotation, conditionals etc, you know where to find me.

2 Likes

Is this another profile or is the similarity coincidental?

2 Likes

Neither, I was inspired by Anzio and wanted to make my own color schemes for it :slight_smile:
I actually wrote that in the watch face description, though it’s not the first time it seems nobody’s reading it haha :smiley:

3 Likes

I should get better at reading the descriptions.

2 Likes

Btw, I made the digits as a font. If you’re interested let me know. Made a few of posy’s others as fonts as well, good practice for understanding how it all works.

2 Likes

By all means, please do :slight_smile:

2 Likes