[Solved] How To Tag Chronograph Movement Name of Days

Hi everybody!
I’m trying to make some chronometer name of days
So I’m trying to figure out how to TAG expressions with 4 options

Thanks in advance :smile:

1 Like

You’re busy! I like it. I’ve been using #DOW# for my pieces. #DOW# sets Sunday at 0, so I design my date dial hand to Sunday and have it more accordingly.

A - Hand origin set to the 12 o’clock position. Rotation: (#DOW#*51.429)

Since Sunday is 0, #DOW# times the degrees between days will yield 0 and the hand will point at Sunday. With Monday being 1, it will move one interval and so on and so forth. So far this has yielded accurate results for me.

I’m going to figure out how to set it so that the week starts with Monday. I’ll report back.

Okay, I think I’ve got it. Takes a bit of finesse, but this worked for me (applicable to B-D)

B - Hand Origin set to Monday at 12 o’clock. Rotation: $(#DOW#)=0?180:(#DOW#*30-30)$

What happens is this. If #DOW# is equal to 0, instead of being zero it it set to the 180 degree position. For all else, it is multiplied by 30 degrees to coordinate with each day position. However, since Monday would technically be 1*30, we subtract 30 to account for the missing Sunday position. All other days fall in line with this.

For C, Rotation would be $(#DOW#)=0?90:(#DOW#*15-15)$

For D, the hand must be set to whatever angle that is for Monday, the Sunday condition would be set to the angle Sunday is at and the degrees between days minus that number would be the rotation.

Let me know if this works for you. It seems to work for me.

Awesome! Thank you Anthony… you the best~~~ :+1: :smile:

Not a problem Ben! I hope those help!

Additionally, for the missing Sunday position in the Monday-Sunday format, you could also subtract 1 before the multiplier:

B - $(#DOW#)=0?180:(#DOW#-1)*30)$

This way, Monday is 0 instead of 1, Tuesday would then be 1, and so on. Sunday would still fall in the prescribed location because of the expression. Either way works. Just different formatting.

Wow its work! i already make it
A - Hand origin set to the 12 o’clock position.
with your method expression is
Rotation: (#DOW#*51.429)

Awesome! :+1:

Very nice! I like the overall grey with splash of blue on the Earth. Well done!

Option B its work! :smile: :+1:
B - Hand Origin set to Monday at 12 o’clock.
with your method expression is
Rotation: $(#DOW#)=0?180:(#DOW#*30-30)$

But i change the Hand Origin set to Monday at 9 o’clock. :smile:

Option C its work! :smile: :+1:
Rotation: $(#DOW#)=0?90:(#DOW#*15-15)$
But i change the Hand Origin set to Monday at 3 o’clock. :smile:

Option D its work too! :smile: :+1:
same like C mode but i change the Hand Origin set to Monday at 1 o’clock. :smile:
Rotation: $(#DOW#)=0?90:(#DOW#*15-15)$

Thank you Anthony! giving me support and helping me out. :smile: :+1:

@apalileo I need option D bud I can’t figure it out why it not works for me Sun. is 3 o’clock then Monday 12 the rest of the day jumps with very little steps I need bigger steps. Can you help me with this… Cheers NHK45