Sound Option for Facer Created faces

Hi there, would anyone else like to have sounds enabled on their Facer watch faces? Would be good if we could at least add the basics, such as ticking sounds etc, since nearly all of our watches have speakers. An under-used part of our watches, I believe it would add an extra dimension to them. Anyone else have similar ideas?

I would not want continuous sound from my watch (although others might).

Access to program sporadic sounds (e.g. hourly chime like some of the first digital watches had) could be useful though.

2 Likes

I like this idea, though it would obviously add to the file size of the design.

2 Likes

Very good idea. I would love a “minute repeater” feature in watches. Apple watches have a feature where you press and hold two fingers onto the screen to have the time read to you out loud.

1 Like

Which watch do you own? depending on the watch you may also have a similar feature under Accessibility or whatever that’s called in English. I know the Samsung Active 2 has it, it can read out loud pretty much anything for people with weak eyesight to still be able to enjoy a smart watch.

1 Like

Yes it would, might slow it down a bit but it would rival the manufacturers faces, some of which have that added dimension.

I am looking already for faces witch at least will have hourly sound. It’s impossible to find anything like that. I can not to understand why!

My watch can’t do sound, but if it could, it would be turned off. Almost as annoying as cellphones going off during speeches. :smiley:

Each to their own though I guess.

How are SOUND files added to watch faces?
Is this a Partner only feature?
Does @Facer_Official have any news they can share on these features and when they might become available to Facer Creator Pro?
We previously had news of the 3d shapes but these are not available in Pro. Now we see watch faces with sound… not available to PRO edition.
Why are these features being held back from Pro users?

1 Like

Below the pro list are only 3 known extra features reserved for partners. Counting sounds and shaders to it, there is at least 5 of them meanwhile. The list could use update, I think the glaxy store publishing is no longer possible.

Then somebody new comes, wants to become partner and gets question: “why do you want to be partner?” I say, because of these extras of course, what else?

3 Likes

I am just interested in getting Facer Creator Pro more functionality than it already has, and I do not understand why these new features are not available unless you are a partner? Hopefully it will come in good time, but it is a little annoying that these features are behind closed doors to majority of us.
I don’t recall ever seeing a publish to google store option in my Creator Pro.

3 Likes

That is because it is among the 3 unchecked features partnership has on top of pro.
Sorry, above I did not express myself clear. But the Galaxy store was closed for watchfaces in general (by Samsung) some year or so ago (maybe except China, where it supples the play store).

2 Likes

The Best Faces are still those made by the Contributors on this Forum . That is probably where you belong because you are a Contributer . Carry on the Good Work and Enjoy . Intrestingly the Partners who contribute her genraly make Pretty good Faces as well . There shoud be a few more really . Hey Ho .

3 Likes

Every new possibility would be welcomed.

But I would prefer old, basic options to be improved, for example Weather should be updated every 30 minutes or every hour… not every 4 hours…

2 Likes

Make sure you submit the Facer 2024 survey.
I received an email with a link. Note the button in the image is not a button!

1 Like

No, that is not why that question is asked. Have you ever been asked that question at a job interview? Did you interpret it as, “No one else can work here?”

3 Likes

Too early in the year to get miserable. Looking forward to some new features on Facer in 2024. :heart: to all!

1 Like

Fair enough. I take it back. If i was ever going to apply to be a partner it would be for the 3 benefits which do not come as pro. But as an amateur watch maker…its not for me.

1 Like