Speaking clock?

Peter you probably made no mistake . We had trouble with all the formulas that did a count down to a certain date in the next year . The syntax changed on one of the updates and I find it quite beyond me to fix it . I did have a look a few weeks ago but I gave up .
I would have look at that face but it is not inspectable .

1 Like

Oops! I was too excited to read properly- I now see that you had considered my comment!
Thanks again

2 Likes

Yes, I made, I prepared two sets of text fields, just did not apply the second one to the face :slight_smile:
Now there are two with 365 and other two with 366 days, displayed by this condition in opacity
$#Dyyyy#%4>0?100:0$ or $#Dyyyy#%4==0?100:0$ on leap year.

2 Likes

Are you saying that does not work ? I wonder if #Dyyyy# is a string .

1 Like

I am saying, I noticed, that I prepared two versions of the texts back then, when I made the face, but completely forgot to apply the leap year texts to the face back then. Now I added them and it works as intended. I made the face in time when it was not apparent and did not come back until now.
Sorry for the confusion, different past tenses in English never become clear to me. I doubt I will ever learn them properly.

2 Likes

Oh Blimey . I think you do very well .I am not always sure that I read things properly . I see #Dy# and #Dyyyy# give the same result . Of course having two Layers with a different formula for a count down to a certain date is an option .

1 Like

My case was easier than count down, because each day is covered by one condition that has only two alternatives. With countdown there are multiple conditions to be considered (before and past the date, before and past last february, during and before leap year etc…)

2 Likes

Yes exactly .

1 Like

Congratulations on getting the GW5Pro . Quite the best choice .

2 Likes

Thanks - I guess it will differ a little from my old Armani Connected :grinning:

2 Likes

Did the Armani have Compass GPS . Pressure detector . Running a Complex Facer Face I could get 2 days easy on mine . But that is not the case much as I am syncing faces a lot . That is what uses the battery these days .
BTW I made a test that has three " Beeps " evert 10 seconds . If you want to see it . I like your Idea with the three big dots .

1 Like

Compass yes, barometer no - i believe it was a Fossil 2 wearing an Armani suit in reality
I would very much like see how you made the beeps - I’m learning a lot with this watchface!

2 Likes

I did not want to stop your learning curve . You have done very well . We all are learning but occasionally come up with something Unique . You have done that . Using what Peter has shown you could easily have every 10 seconds shown . Here is as far as I got showing the Beeps / Pips visually. On the minute and 10 seconds.
Sorry I am on my Mobile / Handy right now . I am not sure if the link is Inspectable .

1 Like

If I may add, this is a watch face I did ages ago. It uses phrases such as “quarter to”, “half past”, “quarter past”, and “o’clock”.

It is open for inspection:

3 Likes

$#DISLEAPYEAR#?100:0$
or
$#DIY#=366?0:100$

I suppose these also work on irregular leap years (like IIRC 2400, which will not be a leap year)

4 Likes

“quarter to” shows the wrong hour, though :wink:

2 Likes

I like this one. I was not aware of this tag.

2 Likes

OK. Thanks. Will have to revisit it and see what I did…, was about 3 years ago!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately the link is not inspectable - but thanks anyway!

2 Likes

Final version:

Only possible because of the help of @russellcresser @pbervoets & @petruuccios
This was a learning watch for me and the final result looks nothing like my first attempt - thanks guys for your help

5 Likes