Speaking clock?

This is just a fun face based on the speaking clock - depending on age some may recognise the 8081 reference.
Formatting the text was difficult for me and I’m not sure it was the best way to achieve what I ended up with - but hey…I like it and that’s what’s important! I tried to use text only ie no numbers as an excercise. I could have used pictures for the numbers but decided that was too easy!

7 Likes

Hello, nice face. Lovely idea. Makes me feel old be the way. And you are so right, joy makes life and face making so beautiful, attractive.

Concerning the text elements for time, you could try to reduce them for these text layers, using something like for the first minutes

$#Dm#==1?One:$$#Dm#==2?Two:$$#Dm#==3?Three:$$#Dm#==4?Four:$$#Dm#==5?Five:$$#Dm#==6?Six:?$

Copy that/adapt, for hours…

Best greetings
BC

3 Likes

WOW . Nice work . I remember doing Romans . Gosh that was Popular . I just wonder if you could have the three BEEPS in the three seconds before every Minute change . A studio clock seconds round the Bezel might not go amiss . But it must be Your Face Your Way . :joy:

2 Likes

I guess you didn’t have the room for and “X” seconds :laughing:

But as Russell says it’s your face, your way :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m not sure the original speaking clock spoke the seconds - if anybody knows please post. The studio seconds suggested by @russellcresser is a good idea and will replace any spoken seconds.

2 Likes

No what I meant was that the three beeps before the spoken minute were a second apart . That it could be your 3 blips on Wake could actually be prior to the stroke of the minute . I thing the speaking clock did every 15 seconds .
Do you have a Studio Clock seconds Mask .

1 Like

No I don’t have a mask - i was just thinking about how to achieve this. I would appreciate such a mask thanks

2 Likes

Oops I missed the mask - i found it now!

2 Likes

If you like I can send the formula for the progress bar underneath or an Inspectable . I have used it as bit . You may wish to work it out for yourself and shout if you got stuck .

1 Like

Thanks for the offer ,- i’ll have a go myself and get back if I get stuck. Thanks for the mask

2 Likes

the seconds were spoken in ten second intervals like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rErC-f_ru4c

1 Like

Brilliant . That makes sense gave the lady a chance to catch her breath before the next .

2 Likes

Latest draft -

I faced a problem with using a progress arc behind @russellcresser 's studio seconds template - the progress arc only showed half through the larger dots. I started to add large dots and used conditionals to make them appear at the right time - luckily I didn't get far using this rather complicated method before I scrapped that idea altogether and simply put a fat second hand (wider than the dots) under the template and as you can see it worked perfectly. Next using fudgematics (translated means I did not know what i was doing) I managed to make the last three dots zoom. I also tidied the the minutes text by moving the text horizontally using conditionals to match the length of the hour text - looks much better now. Regarding conditionals - I took @pbervoets advise here but I have a question: I read somewhere that only 3 conditionals were allowed per tag but I'm using 10 and it seems to work. With 10 conditionals will it work on all watches - those on the approved list that is of course?
2 Likes

Well done with the Clock . I like Fudgematics . It is not advisable to have more than two Boolean Operands per conditional . However we have had lines with 60 Simple conditionals Conditionals on a line for Roman numeral Minutes . I would describe a simple conditional as one where there is nothing after the : ( else ) just the $ to close the statement .

1 Like

Depends how you apply them, they can not be chained one as a subcondition for the earlier. In general it should work. I use 365 conditionals with #DD# tag for a 365 different day names in one text field and it works.
Edit: Now I got inspired to make the whole time line using just one text field. Excel is my friend. I’ll be back in a while

2 Likes

Peter please show us the Face with the named days and your solution for leap years . :rofl:

2 Likes

Mine first!

2 Likes

It is my first try after a while and it may have some flaws what goes the idom how is the time properly spoken in English, but I think it can be easily corrected if needed.
Put this in a text field and try it and comment please, maybe I will learn more about English tonight :slight_smile:
$#Db#==0?zero:$$#Db#==1?one:$$#Db#==2?two:$$#Db#==3?three:$$#Db#==4?four:$$#Db#==5?five:$$#Db#==6?six:$$#Db#==7?seven:$$#Db#==8?eight:$$#Db#==9?nine:$$#Db#==10?ten:$$#Db#==11?eleven:$$#Db#==12?twelve:$$#Db#==13?thirteen:$$#Db#==14?fourteen:$$#Db#==15?fifteen:$$#Db#==16?sixteen:$$#Db#==17?seventeen:$$#Db#==18?eighteen:$$#Db#==19?nineteen:$$#Db#==20?twenty:$$#Db#==21?twenty-one:$$#Db#==22?twenty-two:$$#Db#==23?twenty-three:$ $#Dm#==0?o’clock precisely:$$#Dm#==1?O-one:$$#Dm#==2?O-two:$$#Dm#==3?O-three:$$#Dm#==4?O-four:$$#Dm#==5?O-five:$$#Dm#==6?O-six:$$#Dm#==7?O-seven:$$#Dm#==8?O-eight:$$#Dm#==9?O-nine:$$#Dm#==10?ten:$$#Dm#==11?eleven:$$#Dm#==12?twelve:$$#Dm#==13?thirteen:$$#Dm#==14?fourteen:$$#Dm#==15?fifteen:$$#Dm#==16?sixteen:$$#Dm#==17?seventeen:$$#Dm#==18?eighteen:$$#Dm#==19?nineteen:$$#Dm#==20?twenty:$$#Dm#==21?twenty-one:$$#Dm#==22?twenty-two:$$#Dm#==23?twenty-three:$$#Dm#==24?twenty-four:$$#Dm#==25?twenty-five:$$#Dm#==26?twenty-six:$$#Dm#==27?twenty-seven:$$#Dm#==28?twenty-eight:$$#Dm#==29?twenty-nine:$$#Dm#==30?thirty:$$#Dm#==31?thirty-one:$$#Dm#==32?thirty-two:$$#Dm#==33?thirty-three:$$#Dm#==34?thirty-four:$$#Dm#==35?thirty-five:$$#Dm#==36?thirty-six:$$#Dm#==37?thirty-seven:$$#Dm#==38?thirty-eight:$$#Dm#==39?thirty-nine:$$#Dm#==40?forty:$$#Dm#==41?forty-one:$$#Dm#==42?forty-two:$$#Dm#==43?forty-three:$$#Dm#==44?forty-four:$$#Dm#==45?forty-five:$$#Dm#==46?forty-six:$$#Dm#==47?forty-seven:$$#Dm#==48?forty-eight:$$#Dm#==49?forty-nine:$$#Dm#==50?fifty:$$#Dm#==51?fifty-one:$$#Dm#==52?fifty-two:$$#Dm#==53?fifty-three:$$#Dm#==54?fifty-four:$$#Dm#==55?fifty-five:$$#Dm#==56?fifty-six:$$#Dm#==57?fifty-seven:$$#Dm#==58?fifty-eight:$$#Dm#==59?fifty-nine:$

2 Likes

Oh wow, I can’t wait to try it, but please forgive me - it will have to wait a couple of days before I do. I’m away from my Pc and I get my new GW5Pro tomorrow! As far as i can see though it will work for the minutes nicely, it just needs a bit of additional text eg. ‘oh’ in front of one - nine.
Super work- thank you very much @petruuccios

3 Likes

it was this one and the solution is easy, there is a second text field that displays on leap year.
but now I figured I have made some mistake somewhere :slight_smile:

2 Likes