Steampunk Faces

Hi, any1 out there doing Steampunk faces for Galaxy 4 watch ???
Thanx in advance

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @alant90125
Iā€™m sure if you search on the App youā€™ll find some Steampunk Faces, and now youā€™ve asked here it wouldnā€™t surprise me if a couple members at least create some.

1 Like

@alant90125 Welcome.

This is nice. NOT MINE.

This guy has quite a few nice designs .
I found them doing a search with steampunk in the search box.

2 Likes

I just created this one for you -

3 Likes

I bought one a while ago:

6 Likes

Love the Clockwork Valve Set . I kind of hope they Flicker.

1 Like

They do, slightly. Actually quite convincing even up close. Valves turn off after about 3 seconds to save battery. The key is for setting the hands and tucks into the straps.

2 Likes

Yeah . In the early days Valves Ran Hot . People crowded round the Radio for Warmth . In Bletchley The Boys used to go into the Decoding Huts for a Treat as all the all the girls were stripped down to their underwear .Lots of power needed for Running a Valve Processor.

2 Likes

I love randome facts like this, such as the the first recorded reference to a bug in electronic equipment was in a letter from Edison in 1878:
ā€œYou were partly correct, I did find a ā€˜bugā€™ in my apparatus, but it was not in the telephone proper. It was of the genus ā€˜callbellum.ā€™ The insect appears to find conditions for its existence in all call apparatus of telephones.ā€

1 Like

Ha Ha .

1 Like

Since Iā€™m an Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, Iā€™m very familiar with the tube (valve) type radios. Us hams have a nickname for them, we call them ā€œboat anchorsā€ because they always weigh a ton. And if they quit and canā€™t be fixed, you tie a rope on it, and it becomesā€¦a boatā€™s anchor. :laughing: CQ CQ CQ DX, kilo bravo nine tango mike pappa KB9TMP calling CQ CQ CQ.

2 Likes

Great Stuff. Do you do Morse? I bet you chat with some Aussies. They are Strong with HAM Radio. That is a network where you look after your own equipment.

1 Like

I am very poor at Morse code. I barely passed my 5 word per minute code test. Iā€™ve never had a chance to talk to the ā€œLand Down Underā€, but I have talked to a place somewhat near you. I chatted with a fellow who lives on Norderney Island which is West of Hamburg Germany in the North Atlantic.

1 Like

Wow . Yeah Aus. would be a bit of a stretch . I love the way you consider Northern Germany is near Me . : )

2 Likes

Well compared to me you are close. Just like I am close to New York city. BTW Iā€™ve never been farther east than the state of Ohio. :laughing:

1 Like

I am having a steampunk one in my draftsā€¦ will publish it soonā€¦

4 Likes

@alant90125 I hope you are getting along nicely with your new Galaxy 4 :slightly_smiling_face:
Here is #2 Steampunk Face for you -

2 Likes

Hi, I have 3 different steampunk faces, if you go to my page they should be near the top , all include weather in landscape

1 Like

OK, my closest has been a tesla coil effort:

1 Like