Step Counter Failure on Pixel 2

My step counter resets to zero everyday, runs up to 1,000, and stops. I have read everything I can find about how to fix it. I have opened every permission, including the complications. I have restarted. I have gone to a google face and come back to Facer. Is there something I am missing, or is this just totally broken on the Facer platform? It was working for a while, and then stopped. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

You can only go past 1k by switching to a stock Pixel watchface then back to Facer. Something about doing that wakes it up to work, sometimes. There has been a glitch in the Pixel watches since they were first brought out and Google is supposed to be working on a fix. It’s been over a year, so I don’t think they are in any hurry since they own FitBit also and would love to sell you a subscription.

3 Likes

I already pay google for Fitbit premium. I did try going to a standard face and switching back. Sadly, it didn’t make a difference. I just hate the idea of sitting around waiting on a huge company to fix their stuff. Thanks!

1 Like

Okay, my new Facer watchface doesn’t work for steps on my Pixel 1 watch. Why doesn’t Facer either stop selling these watchfaces or at least put a big warning out? There is no way to get my money back from what I can tell (yeah, it’s not a lot of money, but it’s the principle). Sigh…

From reading these and many other forums, it’s pretty clear that this will never get fixed…

Steps work perfectly on my watch - have you thought it may not be a facer problem? On certain watches however it appears to be a problem - Pixel is one of them… Have a read of this -

This problem has unfortunately existed for some time now - sadly. Watch face designers don’t know which watches a user has so a big notice would not be appropriate.

2 Likes

If someone reports a problem I always ask about their model watch - but they have to report it first.
I agree that some type of general caveat from Facer would be helpful for owners of Pixels.
Unfortunately, people don’t do their research in this community before they jump into the watch face world. That is a huge problem with the Facebook Group where members expect to receive not only tech support but marketing advice for their individual cases.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the truth! I would hate to say how many times I have seen a question like, “how do I connect brand xyz watch to Facer?”. I research everything before I make a purchase like that. Including downloading the user manual so I know how it functions before I even think about buying it. I would hate to say how many user manual PDF files I have on my computer of stuff I have never bought. (I guess I need to delete them, but…)

2 Likes

Don’t delete them, In my opinion you will still need them :smile:

1 Like

@Linlay that’s a slippery slope to start on and not one that the Facer community should go down imo. It’s sort of saying that it’s Facer’s fault - if there’s a caveat for one what about all the other watches where there is some sort of problem. If users find their way to this forum to complain- they should just read! It’s not difficult!
It’s the same with the ‘Is my watch compatible?’ questions, although pinning the list at the top of the forum and using CAPITAL letters would help - probably!

2 Likes

It would be only specific to Pixel and the steps issue. I don’t see how that would be saying it’s Facer’s fault. It is not any different from the info about Shaders and Audio.

1 Like

Maybe you are right…a message could go at the beginning of the forum, the question becomes who will put it there and who will take it down when not needed?

3 Likes