Step Counter Failure on Pixel 2

My step counter resets to zero everyday, runs up to 1,000, and stops. I have read everything I can find about how to fix it. I have opened every permission, including the complications. I have restarted. I have gone to a google face and come back to Facer. Is there something I am missing, or is this just totally broken on the Facer platform? It was working for a while, and then stopped. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

You can only go past 1k by switching to a stock Pixel watchface then back to Facer. Something about doing that wakes it up to work, sometimes. There has been a glitch in the Pixel watches since they were first brought out and Google is supposed to be working on a fix. It’s been over a year, so I don’t think they are in any hurry since they own FitBit also and would love to sell you a subscription.

3 Likes

I already pay google for Fitbit premium. I did try going to a standard face and switching back. Sadly, it didn’t make a difference. I just hate the idea of sitting around waiting on a huge company to fix their stuff. Thanks!

1 Like