Step counter not working on the Facer App

I did a factory reset on my watch 4 and i got the step counter to work. After a day and a half, it quit working again. Is there something wrong with the Facer App? It stopped working properly about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Switch from Facer to a stock factory watchface then switch back to Facer. Something triggers WearOS to start sending the step count to Facer.

2 Likes

I removed Facer from my watch for a couple of Days to check the Power drain difference . When I put it back on again I notice there are a Few Sensor Permissions you have to grant as you are setting it up . I went for Continuous . It is easy when you have done it a good few times . Check the Premissions , and as MAG has said a swap to a NON Facer Face and Back usualy kick starts the collection of the a sensor data and the weather etc .
It will be good if Facer @Facer_Official or @Facer-Staff could look at this . Both FB Official and this Forum are swamped with the same question and most have tired of giving the correct advice .

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @soccer4her :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:
Sorry you’ve had this problem, but hopefully what the guys above have suggested will help you out. I always suggest making sure all Permissions are granted on both the Phone and Watch first, but these guys are super clever and fast that they’ve covered that already.

2 Likes

Welcome also @soccer4her. All the advice above is excellent. However, it helps to mention what kind of watch you have. The solutions suggested above are great for Samsung and possibly others. They don’t work for the Pixel Watch. That step counter problem is a different one.

1 Like

Oops - I didn’t scroll up far enough. You did say you had a Watch 4, so the Samsung suggestions should work for you. Good luck.

1 Like

Could have been an Apple Watch 4 . However . People have to come here with thier own way of talking about things . We have not generated any Ire with our Missunderstanding here . What we have to do is Coax a bit mor detail about the issue from the Author . Sometimes we just see Tumbleweed . Sometimes it is a time zone Issue . Let us see . This kind of thing would be good for someone who is retired with nothing else to do . :thinking::joy:

2 Likes