Stepcounter, heartbeat, battery and date not working

Hi guys,

I already had an account, but it was put on hold temporarily. I assume it was because I started a topic minutes after creating my account. It’s been 7 days though, and I would like some help with my issue

I made this background for myself because I’m a big final fantasy fan. Everything is working fine except for the 4 elements on the bottom that I mentioned in the title. When I upload the face to my watch they just don’t show up at all. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Edit: I’ve added the link to the watchface with inspector mode.

1 Like

If you ask for help you have to post a link to the watchface with inspector mode turned on.

1 Like

Thanks, I was not aware of this option. I believe this is the link you need to look at the watchface

1 Like

Basic tags, as far as I can see everything is OK.
You placed a tag for phone battery level, the tag for watch battery level is #BLP#.
Here is a link to all tags:

Now I can only assume that you have a problem with Facer app on the watch. Did you set it right?
Upload some other-than-yours watchface, see if it works. If it doesn’t - then you didn’t install Facer correctly.

Your watchface is unpublished so I cannot test it on my watch. But it should work, you did nothing wrong.

1 Like

Other watchfaces work fine, including those with complications. I didn’t want to publish the watchface because the images I used are copyrighted. Will that be a problem?

1 Like

It looks ok to me except that the hands are underneath text. Have you rebooted your watch and given Facer all permissions? Most of the time a restart of the watch helps.

Welcome @e.mosterd . Well done posting the link . Off to a good start . Make those complications a bit bigger . Just try Publishing it after making a Duplication for safety . You might get it taken down . They are usually more concerned about Watch imitations . Fan art is usually Safe .

Any way about your missing complications . Font problem I think . Try a Different font. Copy the Times roman from windows to your own folder .

1 Like

russellcresser is right, I didn’t think of that.

Try using standard fonts.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, that could definitely be it! I tried to find a thematic font, and totally didn’t think of that.

I’ll try that tomorrow and post an update. I’ll also publish it in case somebody is interested, with a duplicate in the backup.

1 Like

Phone Percentage quite often doesn’t work properly, so you may wanna change that to Watch Percentage instead, and yes, you need a proper, supported Font. Also, your Text Size is only 14, which is very small, I’d increase it to at least 20, maybe 22 or 24, all will look ok. One final observation is that you have the Fixed Width box ticked, which would only allow so many characters in a text line; you need to untick that box, then anything will fit in ok.

1 Like

Yeah. What He Said :::)))

1 Like

Lot’s of good feedback, guys! I changed the font and now the complications work! I also changed the size, although not by as much as suggested. Size 18 seems to be good enough for me.

I never noticed the battery icon indicated the phone battery! I changed it to battery text. I hope that one does indicate watch battery. I might consider putting a phone battery icon on there as well, but I’ll leave it as is for now.

I never found out how you get the nice overview you have on the right hand side. I only seem to have a couple of simple tools on the bottom which do limit me somewhat, but I still think the watchface came out pretty good!

1 Like

Phone Battery Reports from the Mobile are a bit sticky . Never on a TickWatch . Nice Complications Font BTW.

Now if you are on Creator Web Page on the right below the Banner there are three Icons . A Little Rocket , a watch and a Paint brush . Please tell me you have clicked on them . Unless you have PRO forget the paintbrush . But you must have clicked on the Little watch to see the simulator sliders for watch and Phone battery power not to mention the other stuff like Imperia/Metric 12/24 hrs.
At the bottom of your Preview is a camera and another little watch . Camera sends a screenshot to your Downloads folder . The little watch gives you a chance to preview your Face on all the other watches Facer Supports .
Have fun .

As explained above, backed up with pictures.

And under no circumstances admit to russellcresser that you didn’t click on them. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
quote: “Please tell me you have clicked on them .”

1 Like