Stepcounter not working on PIXEL WATCH

No joy! Still no good news with steps counter on Facer faces. My contribution to the conspiracy theory collection is that Google is going to make us wait for the Pixel Watch 2 because these first iterations were often free with a phone upgrade. Mine was. Highly unfair because it’s a very good smartwatch otherwise and I want to keep it for a while. I also want Facer faces. Guess I can’t have everything.

2 Likes

Some have solve this problem. Some like youself have not. It is quite possible you got your watch Free because it was not really Marketable. I think this is a trick that manufactures use. The Samsung Flip Phone was given away with Toilet Tissue. When you get your new watch you will find people falling over each other to make you a custom Face to your exact specification. You will be Honored for staying with the Community on this one despite your issue not being Fixed.

Pleas stay with us. I bought a second Hand GW4 so desperate to be in the WOS3 club.

In the mean time I see you like the work of @mrantisocialguy he has a few Faces similar to the one you Favour. The will be a few with no steps. You might ask him to modify a Face by taking off the Steps for you. Warning he works in advace of his publicaton shedule. Partly to avoid swamping fresh faces. Explain to him that you want to continue be a part of the Face Community but your Watch is not quite there yet.

1 Like

@revmarcia558
Like @russellcresser said, I take requests, but I have about a 30-40 day waiting period due to my working in advance. I just published MAG 2374 and am now working on MAG 2413. That makes it 39 days in advance since I publish one watchface per day.

1 Like

Thanks, guys. I want to stay with Facer. My current favs (right now - always new stuff to admire) are @mrantisocialguy, and @thomasfmal. There’s no real need for anyone to make me a custom face without steps. When the steps get to 900 plus whatever, I just switch over to a Wear OS face. I have a couple of those I like that at least count the steps properly. Not nearly as cool as my favorite Facers, but they will do for now.

3 Likes

Today, I saw on the online “rumor mill” that there are now hints re WearOS 4 and Pixel Watch 2 (or Google might call it something else). Is there anyone who knows more about the coding involved in this able to weigh in on if this might solve the stats counter issue?
I would hate to purchase another watch just to solve this problem, but we’ll see what deals are available when and if it happens. Meanwhile, I’ve located a Facer face by Alin K1 that, while it has the step counter as most faces do) places it such that the wrong number doesn’t jump out at me.

1 Like

You sadly got one of the first Pixel Watches off the production line. These days that means you are a Beta Tester. Not right but that is how it is. Development time is much shorter these days so a faster Race to Market.

I personaly think it is a Beautuful Watch and hits the Unisex Market almoust perfectly. I did not want a Big watch and am delighted with my Small Galaxy Active. However I had to get a Boys Watch to jump in on the WOS3 Gig. However since I am a Boy ( Old ) it is easy for me to wear Both. I know that most ladies will prefere a Smaller watch. Sadly till we get into Hydrogen Fuel Cells or something similar on a watch, size equals Battery life in a Direct Proportion .
In 10 years time we will all be laughing at what is happening right now.
In the Early70s I remember seeing the Atmos Clock which ran quite happily with the change of Air pressure during the course of the day.
My first watch was an Huawie which would not sync Facer Faces. That had to go back. Two years later I was hiven another as a gift. Ha Ha. Stunning battery life but a bit big. I tried hard to Make my own Face on thier Platform but to get it on your watch requires you to have a Chineese Identity or something silly . So here on Facer we are very Fortunate for it to be so " Open ".

@revmarcia558 stick with it till the Battery starts to fail . Get your moneys worth out of it.

Most of all Enjoy.

And now, Wear OS 4 is supposed to be releasing soon??? Of course, “soon” in Google’s language could be the next year or two (forgive my sarcasm please). Pestering them only results in a link to the Feedback site on the watch. That, so far, changes nothing. Pestering Facer (because I’m really not sure whose problem this is) only results in “we’re working with Google on it.” I finally found a Wear OS 3 face that counts steps correctly (not distance though - always something) and isn’t too terribly ugly. It will do for now. I just keep wondering if designers know anything more than just mere users.

1 Like

Not sure how old this is but I have a pixel 2 watch with this issue and I did the reset and nothing then after midnight the steps started showing on the face!!!
If I change faces the steps remain
Sooooo happy

3 Likes