Steps not working on GW5Pro after One UI5 update

Hi guys
I updated the Watch 5Pro to One UI5 and, among other problems, I noticed that the step counter no longer works in any watch face. Neither mine nor anyone else’s. However, it works without problems on the watch faces of the Google Store. Has anyone noticed the same flaw?
I resetted the Watch, but nothing. The value of the steps is always 0.
All permissions have been given and, on the other hand, before One UI5 everything worked. The heartbeat, however, works. Is it possible that there are some settings that I missed in One UI5? Could you tell me where to look or what to activate? Thank you.
Speaking in general about OneUI5, at the moment, it seems a bit of a mess to me. Samsung, as usual, has improved one thing and made two things worse. A serious worsening, in my opinion, concerns the backup.

1. It is not possible to recover backups older than One UI5
  2. Wearable says there are no backups, but doesn’t give you the option to make one
  3. I finally discovered that doing Restore creates an automatic backup
  4. However, I discovered also that it is useless because I can’t select it to go back
    The backup function has become completely useless. The purpose of a backup is to be able to go back in case of problems, but if, despite having a backup, I cannot select it to return to the previous situation, what is the point?
    Before UI5 I could select whether to make or restore a backup. If I wanted to restore a previous situation, I could select the backup and go back.
    Now it’s no longer possible. Again, what is a backup for if I can’t use it to go back?
    Does anyone have a solution?
    Thanks, have a good weekend.
1 Like

Hi to all
Don’t ask me why, but it seems I raised a false alarm. Let’s hope so.
This morning the step counter was also working. I don’t know why as I haven’t changed anything. Let’s hope it continues like this
Greetings

1 Like

Yes, it works on my watch so it should on your as well.

UI 5 is different and after a few days I have to admit that I like it.
There will be some bugs for sure but Samsung usually fixes them promptly.
I’ve noticed that after the update workouts crash from time to time.

Backups will start to work, it’s done overnight, tomorrow you’ll have a backup.
I didn’t find a way/button to restore it. Maybe because it’s new and there is no need for restoring it.

1 Like

These Days when I do a reboot the watch is a real dog for at least half an hour . I have Removed the Free Facer / Google Flame effect Face . It was well big and I think the animation is on the limit for my GW4 .

Yes, strange things are happening.

I’ve rebooted the watch and Steps didn’t work.

The solution is setting any Samsung watchface and then setting Facer again.
It fixes the Steps problem.

2 Likes

@masterboyhr That has been the fix for a while . May be there is a Tiny version of Marvin in our watches . Needs waking up . There was a Time when I had to go to the permissions after an update . They were all set but the mere action of going there to have a look seemed to Wake them up . I have to say that my watch is nice and stable now . The very interesting thing is when I load a WFS Face The facer Banner Comes up before anything else Happens . They have obviously given themselves the head of the Queue when it come to Queing up for Memory .

2 Likes

The problem with steps is back on my Galaxy watch 6 classic silver. It worked for awhile and now steps shows only zero. I thought this was fixed by now, but no, the problem is back.

1 Like

Hi @masterboyhr
I hadn’t raised a false alarm. It’s just like you say. If I start with a Facer Face the steps don’t work, so I load a Samsung Face, go back to Facer and everything works. A little annoying.
It had already happened in the past and this glitch had then been corrected.
We hope for a quick solution, even if it seems that Facer staff is increasingly absent. The only thing they do quickly is grab your money. Good thing the community exists, or…I don’t know how long Facer would last.

3 Likes

In this case I can’t put too much blame on Facer.
Every time they make a stabile version of Facer something new comes up.
First the new watch 6 came out, now the new UI 5… and it’s just for Samsung.
I guess the same is happening with apple and all other watches.
It’s very hard to keep up.

We have to accept that Facer is not Google or Samsung.
As I said once before, on the 1-10 scale my expectation from Facer is 5…

1 Like

A very Un Holy Triangle Indeed . I think with modern technology I can be sorted but it gets more and more complex . I personaly think when WOS3 is settled down it will be arround for a while .

1 Like

@diavo . Have you tried the Trick of Tripple Tapping the Facer Face and Toggling one of the Settings . This wakes up the Data Transfer as well as Loading a Native Face . I am diong some WFS stuff and when I Sync one of those Faces the Facer Banner Always come up first . So there is some sort of Queue order in the Memory . Got to keep these things in the Right order .

2 Likes

There’s away around to get the step counter on the new watch 6 its a lil annoying but it’s an easy fix simply select a face from the default watch then just go back and and select facer and the step counter starts to work if you turn off your watch like i do at night you have to repeat it again to work once you turn it back on

1 Like

Ummm…I think you might be right! :laughing::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve made a point of switching to an OEM watchface on all my watches before shutting them down. I started doing that back in the Galaxy Watch 1st gen days just because it seemed to start back up quicker with a stock watchface in place of Facer.

1 Like

Hi @mrantisocialguy
This is a very good suggestion. I’ll follow it.

2 Likes

Absolutely splendid characterisation- I love it! From now on THIS IS Marvin!

2 Likes