Stop Numbers Moving (digital time)

Does anyone know of a way to anchor numbers on digital clock? I have used a font offered by Facer, and when I use this font in Digital Clock form the numbers continue to move when they change, i.e. when 30 turns to 31.

I can’t find a solution. Any assistance is appreciated.

1 Like

You need to use a fixed width font. There are a number of sites to download such fonts.

I quite like this one: digital_7_mono_italic

You can find it here: Search fonts results with keywords: digital 7 - Lastest Fonts

2 Likes

Ha Ha . If you are serious about a Digital display that does not dance you have to split hrs min and seconds up . You need to find a Monospaced Text . The LCD ones are popular for that reason . I am not a Font expert but I hate the dancing Digits .

4 Likes

This was posted years ago by @phelanengland

Hours:
(0-2) (floor(#Db#/10))
(0-9) (#Db#-(10*(floor(#Db#/10))))

Minute:
(0-5) (floor(#Dm#/10))
(0-9) (#Dm#-(10*(floor(#Dm#/10))))

Seconds:
(0-5) (floor(#Ds#/10))
(0-9) (#Ds#-(10*(floor(#Ds#/10))))

6 Likes

you can streamline the (0-9) by using for example (#Ds#%10)

4 Likes

I’m going to add that to my notes!

1 Like

I am using a Monospaced fix width, digital font. The one provided on Facer’s Digital Watch template. Heck, the codes below - I don’t know where to use them. I’m a rookie.

1 Like

This is the one I’m working on but all the digital ones I’ve made do the same thing.

1 Like

The issue is Despite being a Monospaced Font the " one " is justified Left . I have used Fonts that don’t do that . The 1 stays on the right .

It is a good exercise to split the Digits up Tens and Units .
You need two layers . One for the tens . 0-5 and one for the units 0-9 . I would Right justify Both . So then Apply the Formulas shown in the text Box . they make the two digit number into single .
Use the MAG formula for the Tens and Peters for the Units .

1 Like

I feel a bit dim but… I don’t understand the “tens” or “units”

1 Like

I don’t know if this is related - I have yet to learn how to create empty layers and import PNG’s onto them.

1 Like

If you look at the number 12 . 1 is the tens number and 2 is the unit number . There many other ways of labeling these numbers.
most of the layers can be used to import a PNG into . However if you use the IMAGE one it will be more obvious in the listing and you can see in the settings on the right there is a preview to remind you what the image is for that layer . Also you can change the pivot point which can be useful.

Have gone through a lot of fonts but still haven’t found one that the numbers don’t jump around with. Frustrating. I had originally hope there was a way to lock the number layer in place.

1 Like

Best way was using “monospaced” fonts (fixed character width). Shame is, there was bug with Facer faces on wearOS watches eating the left portion of some digits anyway.

1 Like