Streamlined Weather Icons

Hi friends,
I’ve made some weather icons that I think are a bit less bulky than the default ones. They’re white on a transparent background for easy tinting (though when I upload it changes it to grey on a white background, despite uploading as a .png…right click > ‘save as’ and it will save correctly for you though. Let me know if there is a better way to upload. I’ve uploaded a summary graphic to show what they all look like on a black background too). Feel free to let me know if there are other icons I should make :slight_smile:

Clear Evening
Clear
Clouds
Cloudy Evening
Mist
Clouds
Rain
Rainy Evening
Snow
Storm

11 Likes

They are very nice. Could you expand the set with cloud for overcast and night version for clear and partly cloudy?

4 Likes

Cool! thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks and sure! Will get on it :slight_smile: I just went with the default options, but am happy to add those.

5 Likes

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Few Clouds and Shower Rain . Please . I make shower rain less than rain . There is some confusion there but I think that is right . As Peter said Including the Night Icons will really round that set of . Jolly well done .

3 Likes

Done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Added more :slight_smile: What would be the best way to differentiate shower rain from rain, just fewer rain lines? Also, I note that night icons aren’t available in creator by default - Is the best way to implement them just having 2 sets of icons and altering the X position with #DISDAYTIME#?

4 Likes

Yes and Yes . You have a good handle on things . If you want to do forecast Icons you have to make the 9 layers for each day . 18 if you want day and night . So you will see that those who do it properly have done a lot of work . You may get reports that DISDAYTIME does not work in that case there is a GRUNT formula composed by the giants . I have a copy somewhere . I think it might be older Tizens .

3 Likes

I have seen icons where the shower icon has less drops than the rain icon, like these:

Shower:
09 SHOWER

Rain:
10 RAIN

4 Likes

yay, I see moon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I dont like the term shower rain. For me as non native English speaker it means something like more intense rain, while I learned it means sporadic rain, occasional or local.

5 Likes

Cool Thx you

4 Likes

The sad thing is when it comes up in Text on a face it is something like Intermitant Light Rain . So when you think you have made space for the Description it is too big . Facer should name the different weather description Text as the Icon labels . Just saying . I think they leave it like that so we have something to talk about in the Community .

2 Likes

Ah, done it myself:

$#WCCI#==01?CLEAR:$$#WCCI#==02?CLOUDS:$$#WCCI#==03?CLOUDY:$$#WCCI#==04?CLOUDY:$$#WCCI#==09?SHOWER:$$#WCCI#==10?RAIN:$$#WCCI#==11?STORM:$$#WCCI#==13?SNOW:$$#WCCI#==50?MIST:$

6 Likes

Could 04 be Overcast ?

2 Likes

Me either - We don’t really use the ‘shower rain’ term in Australia.

2 Likes

The default text-based descriptions of weather are indeed way too long haha

2 Likes

Only problem is that the icons then change after midday…Ideally, you would only want the moon icons to appear after say, 5pm. Any way to do this?

2 Likes

there were multiple discussions to this tag, for example here:

3 Likes