Struggling to change to Facer faces on my watch

I’ve been a Facer user for a couple of weeks and quickly got to grips with Facer Creator Pro for designing my own watch face for a Samsung Watch 4. All was well until this morning, when my watch reverted to a non-Facer face.

I assumed it would be a simple matter to revert back to Facer but I found myself going in circles. The Facer app let me reload my preferred face via the Recently Used option. This was then followed by the One last step! display that told me to “Select Facer on the next screen to set it as your watch face”.

When I then pressed Continue it just took me back to the previous non-Facer face. I tried a long press to take me to the face selection mode but Facer was not offered as an option until I had scrolled through all of Wear’s default faces and then tapped More Faces. I then got a Facer option but it just took me back to my original One last step! problem.

I went in circles like this several times without success and so started to write this post. I ran through the process again a couple of times to ensure I got my story correct and it then suddenly switched to my Facer face while scrolling through the non-Facer faces.

Can anyone explain this bizarre experience? What exactly are you meant to do after you get the One last step! display?

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @david.anderson and I’m sorry you experienced that problem. Hopefully it was just a one off and won’t happen again, but if I ever experience any problems with my GW4 I find that a simple restart of the Watch often sorts it out. Hope it was just a one off “blip” and won’t happen again, but you can always have fun here creating and learning whenever you want :+1:

1 Like

I did in fact try restarting my GW4 quite early in the process but it didn’t make a difference.

When things are operating normally, what are you meant to do after you get the One last step! display? I’m wary of experimenting in case it all goes wrong again.

1 Like

I just stuck with it and it hasn’t happened again.

1 Like

Whenever you have an issue that doesn’t make sense, the first step is to turn off the watch and let it restart. Sometimes you even have to restart your phone as well. It can sometimes save you some trouble by going to the Samsung Wearable app on your phone and selecting Facer for your watch face there. I have the GW4 “Active” and the GW4 Classic and I have noticed that when the “One Last Step” shows it’s because you have synced a Facer watch face before switching from a Galaxy watch face to Facer in the watch. If you are already using a Facer watch face it will sync with no extra “warnings”.

3 Likes

The One last step! display does indeed only appear if the watch is currently using a non-Facer face. For some unknown reason, my watch decided to switch to a Galaxy face this morning without any input from me. Last night it was using my Facer face.

Given that I may once again be faced with the One last step! display whether I want it or not, it would be good to know what exactly I am then meant to do. The instruction to “Select Facer on the next screen to set it as your watch face” is very unhelpful, as the next screen after pressing Continue just shows the previous non-Facer face.

1 Like

I don’t know if you charge your watch at night or not. I’ve noticed that most of my Samsung watches and the single Fossil Carlyle I use for testing do best if I turn them off before charging them. It is also an easy way to restart the watch more often.

I have also noticed that Facer sometimes resets itself on all my watches. It could be that when it is resetting itself at night, and the watch just switches to a Galaxy face while Facer is not active. With the GW4 watches being new and running the new WearOS 3, there will be some minor issues until they get all the gremlins worked out.

1 Like

Yes, I charge my GW4 overnight. Your suggestion to turn it off while charging seems like a good idea. I will do that from now on.

I take your point about the gremlins that may still be lurking in what is relatively new technology.

3 Likes

I ran into this exact issue last night on my GW4, right after it finished charging. Ran around in circles stuck on the “one last step” thing. Didn’t think to restart. The active face was a black background, with hours & minutes in very large white font.

I removed Facer with a long-press and went to the default GW4 green face, then reinstalled the companion app from my phone. Took me right back to square one. I repeated the remove/reinstall, and the one last step finally took and Facer came alive.

Very bizzare.

2 Likes

I think with this stuff it is also about how busy the server is . Sometimes a Sync Hangs on my watch and a reboot is required . Sometimes swapping to a Native Face ( Samsung ) helps to clear the memory . I can not help beyond that . I have a Little Samsung Active . It is coming up to two Years I have had My Smart Watch . It might be me learning how to Play but things have really improved in that time . Facer Is defiantly crisper than it was . The previous Creator really struggled with some of my " Creative Maths " .

3 Likes

Turning my watch off and on again then going to a stock Samsung face and then back to Facer usually clears up any issues for me.

2 Likes

Yeah good call @thomasfmal. It clears the memory of overflows and stuff.

1 Like

This happened again on my GW4. I put down both my GW1 & GW4 to charge this morning, and the GW4 went crazy again in the same way, sounds like a bug?

This time I just power cycled it, and it worked.

3 Likes

Whenever I charge my watches, I always turn them off before charging. That way I always have a fresh start with a full battery. Plus, I don’t seem to have issues with them except my Galaxy Watch 1st gen. If I use Facer with it all day after a few hours, it becomes unstable, and Facer restarts itself. After that it is fine for several more hours. I just use Galaxy watch faces with it and use Facer on my GW4 watches.

3 Likes

I have exactly the same issue. I dont know if it relates to the wnforced Bixby download or thatisjust concidence.

I have triex rebooting both the watchand phone as wellas deleting Facer on both and downloading them again.

Facer isnot an option anywhere on the watch. I keep getting the same issue as detailed above i.e. 'Just one last thing!"

Annoyed asI have lost my glucose monitor watch face too. Cant find anywhere.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Jools

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your troubles Jools, only thing I could suggest is press and hold the display, that brings up different Faces to use, including Facer :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks. I kept doing that and Facer wasnt an option, then last night, after uninstalling and installing yet again, that actually worked. No idea what I did differently - but now working.

The new issue is I cant get Juggluco towork, to give me glucose readings. Oh well :roll_eyes:

1 Like

When I have troubles I reinstall the companion app . Your Glucose Reading thing is a separate Issue . I have to go an check my Permissions after reinstalling the Companion app . I find they are all there as I set them . I think the act of doing that wakes up those permissions . I know it is a bit like Black Magic . All watches and Apps are different . There is no one Answer at the moment I’m am afraid .

@julius.buckle Does your Juggluco send readings to your watch ? Obviously not to a Facer Face . Please let us know .
Which Watch do you Have ?

To use the Juggluco app in Facer you will need to find a face that has a user customizable element where you can set it to point to the Juggluco app in your watch. You will need to be a premium member to do that. Otherwise, you can make your own watchface and add the customizable element, (Pro upgrade only) and just have the watchface made however you like. You would still need to set it to the Juggluco app in your watch once it is synced.

1 Like