Sub Zero Mission, helping the Homeless in America

Saw this on a fellow facers profile in the FB Group, so emailed the Sub Zero Mission directly, asking permission to use it, and here’s the end result. Much respect to anyone who helps those less fortunate in this world.

2 Likes

Hi

Nice.

Can you explain the formule of the blinking red diamond?
$floor(#DNOW#/500)%2=0?100:0$

Bye
Nico

1 Like

@nicoclaessens99 . The best thing to do with these codes is have a Play.
Put the code below into a text box . Change the numbers . Sometimes it is good to put it in a Hand rotation . Then Put it in the Height and Width .

(floor((#DNOW#/500)%2))

It goes something like this

IF the rounded down Number of the Unix timer divided by 500 at MODULO 2 is equal to 0 THEN use this number ELSE use this number ENDIF.

I have to confess I have no easy way to explain MODULO . But set at %2 it will convert any Running number to 0 or 1 . #DMOW# is a 64 bit running timer called UNIX TIME . It is very useful if you do not want your time to reset every Second Minute or Hour . Dividing it by 500 makes it count Half seconds because it is received by our watches in Milliseconds 1/1000
Modulo / Mod / % is the remainder of the division of the number so 11 %4 = 3 etc

Hopefully someone else will join in and explain it better .

2 Likes

Thanks Russel.
With my social assitent-mind, no math or programming background, I am indeed scratching my ear.
But by now, I know that playing around can clarify. I will try that.
But its correct that this exact code makes an object/ text (ex. Diamond) blink show per second?

2 Likes

This is exactly the code from @icrltd4 Gizmo411’s charity Watch .

I checked it separately . You can do the same .

There are a few other ways to do the same thing .

Depends on the effect you want . The blink is the most effective . Very Eye Catching .

2 Likes

Yes @nicoclaessens99 the equation/formula $floor(#DNOW#/500)%2=0?100:0$ placed in the Opacity box will make something blink per second, and can be used for anything, Hands, images, and even text, but not for sequences.
@russellcresser thanks for the explanation my friend :+1:

2 Likes

If you wanted to be adventurous with the formulas, you could also try (100*round(#Dsm#%1))
It should have same effect. The %1 cuts the whole number from the seconds isolating the miliseconds. The round function makes from the rest either 1 or 0 depending on whether its smaller or bigger than 0.5, so it alternates both states every second.

3 Likes

I wonder how many ways there are to do the same job . I often start with rotational because I am usually confused . Alright as long as you numbers divide int0 360 nicely . I love working with #DNOW# it almost seems Transcendental . But having said that it runs out in 2038 . What will they do next 128bit

Asymmetric

(((#DWFSS#)%6)*10)

2 Likes

we could use some other periodic function and leave the round out of it, to make the cycle smooth like:
(100*sin(2*(pi)*#Dsm#))
Sorry Gizmo for detour from original topic :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh Beautiful . Love a bit of PI .

1 Like

It’s all good @petruuccios it’s a good learning curve :grin:
Oh yeah, I forgot, here’s one for you @russellcresser my friend, called Pi Proof
PiProof

2 Likes

Wauw, you guys juggle with formulas like it change underwear

1 Like

Thank God for Copy and Paste.

:upside_down_face:

BTW, why exactely divided by 500? ($floor(#DNOW#/500)%2=0?100:0$)

1 Like

To give Half second. As mentioned Above.

1 Like

Sorry, a lot of information to process. Mainly because of ignorace, but also language.
But I re-read that part your post

Example of DNOW:

1.662.635.951.341 / 1000 = seconds
1.662.635.951.341/ 500= 1/2 seconds = 3.325.271.902,682

3.325.271.902,682 → rouding and modulo makes 1 = show
3.325.271.903.000 → rounding and modulo makes 0 = don’t show
3.325.271.903.500 → rounding and modulo makes 1 = show
etc

Floor = rounding to natural number? (can’t find the information anymore in the facer-app’s instructions)

floor(#DNOW#/500)%2 : what’s the order op operation ? first FLOOR of DNOW etc, and then %2?

The thing is, I don’t like to copy/ paste without understanding what I’m putting.
If I’m tiring, just tell me, or ignore me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

floor function truncates the decimal part of any number

3 Likes

So this maths is tricky if you are not sure .
Your break down of what goes on is very good .
Forget about the big number it is the Tail you are interested in .
So % gives us the Tail and that is good for us .

floor(#DNOW#/500)%2

Is OK if you know the Precedence of the Operands .
I do not , I struggle to remember much . So I Put it all in () to force the formula to work the way you want it to .
So it works from the middle of the nesting .

(floor(((#DNOW#)/500)%2))

so
There are three ways too reduce a number to its Integer on Facer .

floor 6.444 = 6
ceil 6.444 = 7
round 6.444 = 6
round 6.666 = 7

@icrltd4 Forgive us for Hijacking your topic . I know you are not concerned :::)))

1 Like

I kind of guess you have not found the documents yet . The ceil and round stuff is in Expressions . Go to the docs and look for advanced . You will see all the Tags there as well . Oh and a load of other stuff .

1 Like

You bloody hijackers :joy:

2 Likes