Syncing multiple watches to a single account

Just inherited a Samsung watch which will be useful for testing (too big for my wrist to wear!). Is there anything I should know before having two watches to sync to WearOS and to Facer on a single phone, single account?

Oh course, its not WearOS. So, question is just about Facer. :slight_smile:

You will have to switch the watch you are using in Facer every time you sync for both watches. I have 3 WearOS and one Tizen watch. And that is what I found out and still have to deal with. It gets old after a while.

1 Like

Multiple watches of the same OS will sync at once. For example it doesn’t matter which Wear OS watch I have selected as my watch in the app settings, when I sync a face it loads on all 4 that I keep active (Fossil Carlyle, Tic Watch Pro3, Summit 2, and Huawei Watch 1) but if I want to sync to the Samsung Frontier which is Tizen OS, I have to select a Tizen watch in settings. Not a big deal for me since I never use the Frontier anymore, especially now that there is the graphics rendering bug that affects only Samsung S3 series watches.

I suppose eventually WearOS 3 becomes standard across brands then this won’t be an issue. But I’m sure there will be other issues to make up for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Truer words have never been spoken!

1 Like

Ack, I don’t know if I can be bothered. Maybe just keep it for the Galaxy Watch Studio, if that even works on this watch. It’s a Frontier. Doesn’t mean anything to me. I think its pretty old.

2 Likes

I have a frontier, it is indeed old, but it’s a nice watch. I hadn’t turned mine on for over a year but I did this week, as old as it is, the performance feels smoother than any of my newer WearOS watches. But… the Frontier is basically the S3, and that’s the one that has an issue with graphics rendering right now, so a lot of the faces look terrible.

3 Likes

Yeah, seems to have a couple of nice things that my WearOS watch doesn’t have, and I agree, seems smoother. It’s too big for me though, otherwise, I might consider putting it in rotation with my Moto.

2 Likes

If you have an old cellphone laying around and not using, you could sync the S3 to it with Facer on it and just use only to test with. That is how I am running my Fossil Carlyle on an old Moto X gen 5 using my MAG Facer account. My other watches are all on my current phone a Samsung S10e and all linked to my private Facer account. It works great that way, but you have to have an old working phone to pair with.

3 Likes

I’m also doing the 2-phone thing. I have an old Samsung phone with no service associated with my GW1, while my GW4 associated is with my active phone, but both phones using the same Facer account. When I sync from the app on either phone, only that phone’s associated watch will sync. But when I sync from Creator (or the website in general), both watches sync.

2 Likes

I don’t an old one lying around. I don’t even have a personal cellphone. I just have one that my employer provides. I have to return the old one when I get a new one. I don’t have friends, so I have no need of a personal cellphone. :rofl:

2 Likes

In that case I would buy a brand new super cheap prepay smart phone. Something like Walmart’s Straight Talk phones which you can get for as cheap as $49 USD.

1 Like

But it needs to be running on at least Android 6: I found that out recently :upside_down_face:

1 Like