Tag for miles walked

Can someone please tell me the Tag/code expression for miles walked. I have seen someone else use it but it was not viewable. Thanks in advance

G.

There is no tag for that.
We have to use a formula to convert the steps tag #ZSC# in distance.
I use this one in the text field to convert either in miles either in km depending on the user settings:

$#UNITSYS#=IMPERIAL?(floor(#ZSC# * 0.621371 * 0.65/10)/100) Miles:(floor(#ZSC# * 0.65/10)/100) km$

You surely remarked I used a distance of 0.65m for one single step but it could be 0.60m or even 0.70m

1 Like

Hi gogsoman

I use, always in a text field:
Steps into Kilometres
((round((#ZSC#*0.00762)))/10)
or
(floor((#ZSC#*0.0008)*100)/100)

Steps into Miles
((round((#ZSC#*0.0476)))/100)

If you are interested in other conversion formulas you can try these other too

Steps into Calories (Burned Calories)
(round((#ZSC#/20))) or
((round(((#ZSC#/2500)*140)*100))/100)

Steps into Sports Time
Minutes Only (min)
(round(#ZSC#/110))
Hours & Minutes (hh : mm)
(floor((round(#ZSC#/110))/60)) : ((round(#ZSC#/110))-60*(floor((round(#ZSC#/110))/60)))

3 Likes

thanks @diavo ! Helpful to have those all in one place! What exactly do you mean by “sports time” ?

Hi
Well. i mean time you do not spend sitting in a chair or a sofa like a sitting duck. As to say walking, jumping and things like that.
May be not too useful, but…is a different way to compute what you do. LOL
Cheers

Thanks a lot diave

Thanks jeberuth, will try it soon:

1 Like

I did both methods from Diavo, and jeberuth. Came out with 2 different answers. I think it is in the step distance that gives different answers. I will try to find out my step distance and come up with one that is the closest to myself. Thanks guys, appreciate all the help.

1 Like

Hi diavo,I was wondering? what is 0.0476 ? I have a stride of around 22 inches. Thanks

G.

Hi gogsoman
Realyy i don’t know. I have had these formulas from a guy a long time ago and i do not remember who was the guy. In addition to this i9m a very bad math and for formulas i completely rely on the community.
Sorry not being able to be more helpful. I simply have shared what i had
Cheers

Hi @gogsoman,
Looking at the formula, it corresponds to one step of 0,000476 miles = 30,16 inches = 76,6cm