Tag for next appointment (calendar entry)

I don’t know if this has been asked for previously, but a tag, displaying next appointment/meeting/reminder synced with your calendar would be awesome. That would probably mean Facer would have to make their own calendar apk or be able to read your calendar

(I just missed two meetings today because I was caught up in work)

Does this exist?

No, Facer does not have an ability to link to the next calendar event. The best that can be done is a hot spot on a premium watch face that links to the watch calendar. What I do is use Google Calendar and set up my appointments and other calendar reminders to notify me at least a half hour or more in advance of the calendar item. That way when the event triggers a notice to be sent out, my watch lets me know just like all the other notifications about new emails, step goal reached and so on.

Thanks! I was just looking for another aspect to add to the faces & thought that one would be nice

1 Like

I agree it would be nice. I’ve seen others question about doing that also, so you are not alone in that.

I have figured out how to do this. I am on the road today but will post a tutorial tonight

3 Likes

Using ‘Customizable Complications’ on Facer is a two party thing. The creator will need to be Pro and will have very little to do but to place to complication and choose font, and color of title, and data. Title can be themed but info you just pick and done. You can only pick small, medium, large. You cant use data in expressions.

The user will have to be premium and go to the settings gear after 3x tap and then touch the complication and pick from the list below that they want it to be. You will have like four choices I think to choose from when created as a place holder. You can only have 4 Pro Complications on one face, and I have found using more than two can really clog up the works.

Most of these we already use and have more access and usability of the data inside Facer Creator. There are a couple of them that are not available to us and have value to certain use cases.
From what I can tell, most of these are linked thru wearos 2.0 and up so the data is coming from the phone, the watch is not allowed to connect to data source directly. I bring this up because most problems that occur for our users with these ‘Customizable Complications’ is going to be caused by the way google and wear os handles the call back requests thru the API.

If users change faces outside of the Facer Environment the permissions and keys are going to change, often when returning to facer (or any other platform for that matter) the permissions will not work any longer. When going into the settings on the app, both phone and watch, it will appear to still be on, however, it will not pass data to the face. The only solution to this I have found is to either clear all cache data for google, wearos, facer, possibly others. This is no task for the faint of heart, or uninstall facer on watch only and re-install with app on phone. when adding face with ‘Customizable Complication’ it will ask for permission and all will work from that point forward.

*I can only speak of my experience with my devices, YMMV.

The users selections are as follows and may be missing or include items not in all watches, this list is from Fossil CarlyleHR gen5. I have also noticed that some of the complications have different options on watch than others.

EMPTY
AGENDA
-Next Event
CLOCK
-Count Down to Date
-Date
-Day & Date
-Day of Week
-Moon Phase
-Next Alarm
-Stop Watch
-Sunrise & Sunset
-Time & Date
-Timer
-World Clock
FIT
-Move Minutes
-Heart Points
-Steps
-Calories
-Distance
Fossil
-Heart Rate
General
-App Shortcut
-Notification Preview
-Notification
-Now Playing
-Recent App
-Watch Battery
WEATHER
-UV Index
-Weather
Wellnes
-Sleep

Yep that there is move minutes and UV Index!

Hope this Helps someone, it took me a lot of playing around to get what seems simple to work. It can be done if user will put in there part. :sunglasses:
$

3 Likes

From what you have described it sounds like it’s more trouble than it’s worth. Especially with a Samsung watch. Lots of widgets to select from all ready to work by just adding them to the watch. On my Galaxy 1st gen, I can have, Alarm, Alti-Barometer, App shortcuts, Calendar, Contacts, News Briefing, Reminder, Samsung Health Challenges, Samsung Health Daily activity, Samsung Health Food, Samsung Health Health summary, Samsung Health Leaderboard, Samsung Health Multi-workouts, Samsung Health Sleep, Samsung Health Stress, Samsung Health Water, Samsung Health Womens health, Weather and World Clock. All accessible at a simple swipe of the face. Plus, it doesn’t matter if I’m using a Samsung face or a Facer face. Same swipe works.

2 Likes

That’s one of the reasons I never did much with it. My Fossil is nothing like your Samsung but the tiles are a swipe away. The only advantage is for a specific on face view. I kind of liked the next event on my face today. I set up like 4 test thru the day and it would count down how long to next one.

3 Likes

I am a Google Calendar user and since I have more than one Google account, kind of like I have more than one Facer account, I have special calendars set up. One for normal calendar events, one for daily reminders to take meds, fill pill containers, reminders on days and times that I need to mute my phone and other things. Every reminder is set up to notify me a half hour before it is needing done except the phone mute which is at the exact times. The way I have it set up I don’t need to see it, it just pops up and tells me when I need to know it. And it does so on my phone and my watch.

1 Like

Yep. Me too. I have been deep in the Google ecosystem for some time and have different accounts linked across multiple platforms with notifications. Tend to use most of googles services but recently have been setting up servers to migrate it all in house. I noticed the posts in the forums and it struck my curiosity

2 Likes

@alsx65 . Your work is absolutely amazing :scream: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. What I would give to draw like that wow! I would love opportunity to do a face together. May I dm you and discuss that pro account you want?

2 Likes

you can dm when you want , about pro i used 3 day trial and it dont satisfied me for the simple reason that premium syncs are 95% less than free and when you spend time and brain on some faces a good number of syncs is a great reward. Believe me when you do a pro version of a your most wanted free face and the result is 30k syncs vs 100 is a bit frustrating . Btw you are good in maths and expression and i see you got a very good creative way for that so if you have no rush and want to discuss and do a collab i’ll be happy to do some graphic work for yor projects

3 Likes

That would be absolutely fantastic! I am in no rush. This just fun and relaxing to me. I have noticed that about premium as well. I put a free face up, everybody screams for color change options, I give it to them and nobody syncs it :thinking:. Never understood this. The only advantage I have found from pro is personal use, they still work for you even if you drop pro and premium. I usually keep one or the other just to help support the back end. Thanks for the compliment on my expression work, I try to bring something to this awesome community. Glad for the reply and would love to talk more. Again kudos on your graphic work, just so awesome.
$

4 Likes

I’m planning on doing one free and one premium of each face I make wherever possible. I have no doubts that is what will happen on the sync counts, BUT I have noticed that when I put out 6-8 different colors of the same watch, some go crazy (blue and green mostly) and the other colors are just so/so for syncs. Humans are Fickle!

2 Likes

You can say that again! The more people I meet the more I love my dog😄

2 Likes

@mrantisocialguy . BTW. Checked out your YouTube :rofl:. Just love it, you a funny man!

2 Likes

Watchmaker does support a next event tag. I found a watch face there with it and thought it was really cool. Hoping Facer is able to support it now. Any ideas?

We are hoping for many things…