Temporary opacity for hands (facer pro) Masterclass

Hello everyone…
In a traditional design with hands and date at 3 o’clock, sometimes the minute hand is in front of the date, preventing the date from being visible. I need a formula (pro subscriber) in which when clicking on the center of the screen, the hands disappear for 2 seconds and appear again.
I would appreciate it if anyone can help me.

4 Likes

This works…but there is probably an easier way which someone can suggest an alternative method as i have duplicated the hands (one set for fade out and another set for fade in).

@russellcresser has a similar example here

3 Likes

Tricky Subject @jason.clarke.uk Sadly we have no reset for the VARS . I was going to suggest the TE time . I had forgotten that I had made a test . I must have a look at it . As far as I remember the Tap will have to be a toggle . Tap ON , Tap OFF .
@chaficfeguri It is very possible for the Hands to Ghost as they cross the date Window .

4 Likes

Both ways are working great!.. thanks guys!

3 Likes

Hang on We might find some more . Have you considered the Flipping Gyro . Some have used the Compass Reading to switch things on and off . You could always set the date above the hands . :smiley: :joy: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

3 Likes

Wow… Anything new is always good!! :grinning: :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I especially like to park the hands in a position so that the stopwatch or other things are visible.

Example (tap center):

Rotation code for seconds, minutes, and hour hand:

$#VAR_4#==1?(#DWFSS#+(interpAccel((#VAR_4_TE#),0,1000,1)*(360-#DWFSS#))):(360+(interpAccel((#VAR_4_TE#),0,1000,1)*(#DWFSS#-360)))$

$#VAR_4#==1?(#DWFMS#+(interpAccel((#VAR_4_TE#),0,1000,1)*(360-#DWFMS#))):(360+(interpAccel((#VAR_4_TE#),0,1000,1)*(#DWFMS#-360)))$

$#VAR_4#==1?(#DWFKS#+(interpAccel((#VAR_4_TE#),0,1000,1)*(360-#DWFKS#))):(360+(interpAccel((#VAR_4_TE#),0,1000,1)*(#DWFKS#-360)))$

Replace the “360” to whatever position you want to park the hands.

3 Likes

And in this example, the hands have 2 functions:

Tap center to change opacity of hands (5 levels).
Tap the heart rate to change the size of the hands (4 sizes).

Code for hands::
width: (320-(#VAR_4#%4)*20)
height: (320-(#VAR_4#%4)*20)
opacity: (100-(#VAR_3#%5)*25)

4 Likes

Ha, you guys are awesome.

3 Likes

I got one more… this one does not need premium, the hands are parked and move into position upon wake:

Code for hands:
(90+(interpAccel(#DWE#,1,2,0.8)*(#DWFS#-90)))

(90+(interpAccel(#DWE#,1,2,0.8)*(#DWFMS#-90)))

(270+(interpAccel(#DWE#,1,2,0.8)*(#DWFKS#-270)))

3 Likes

Thanks tom.vannes :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Bookmark this Master Class . :star2:

2 Likes

OK, this may a bit off topic, but the background of the hands are all done with opacity.
Open for inspection…

4 Likes

What about using something like this on free faces (for example minute hand). Only in times when the hand would cover the date section, it would be semitransparent for first two seconds after wake up and then fade in.
$#DWFM#>80&&#DWFM#<100?(40+60*clamp(#DWE#-2,0,1)):100$

4 Likes